• bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    NY pizza is ****.
    So is the clown of NYC.
    If the goal is to cut pollutants, shove the clown in one of those ovens they use to make that crappy pizza.
    That wouldn't work. **** smokes and makes a lot of pollutants when you burn it and these clowns are literally just walking piles of ****.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Have you never had a pizza with a crust so good that you couldn’t wait to eat the center to get to the edge crust to eat like a breadstick? With a spicy cheese dip? Mmmmm
    no, because I don't like crust. Bread is merely a delivery system for the meat and cheese. Bread itself is just blah and that crunchy outside and doughy inside is just wrong.

Different strokes for different folks. You like it, good for you . I'm still going to make fun of you. :D

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I can separate how much I despise certain peoples from the great foods they can prepare…
    I'm with Mike. Each region of the U.S. has food that they can do fantastic things with. There might be a bunch of authoritarian insufferable jerks in N.Y.C., but they do have some great pizza. (Still IMO Chicago pizza is the absolute best.)

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    no, because I don't like crust. Bread is merely a delivery system for the meat and cheese. Bread itself is just blah and that crunchy outside and doughy inside is just wrong.

Different strokes for different folks. You like it, good for you . I'm still going to make fun of you. :D
    Actually I am sad for you that you cannot get the enjoyment from really good breads. 90% of the breads in central Indiana are just as you describe. Great breads are a work of art you can eat.

Reminds mo of the time we went to Philly the first time. We were in the visitors center that had dozens of windows most with college kids working. I found the old lady and told her I came to Philly for a cheesesteak, but, before she gave me the suggestion I had one more requirement, I did not want to see another tourist in the place.

She actually took our order so we knew how to order like locals then off we went into the south side to a place that sold cigarettes, lotto tickets, and steak sandwiches. I was the only guy in line without a hard hat! Truly amazing! Without that bun it just wouldn’t be the same…

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    The NYC region seems to have water that is a foundational part of great breads, bagels, and crusts. I have had a couple of restaurant owners tell me that they cannot get a satisfactory bread option in the Midwest. One sold Philly cheesesteaks and had his hoagie buns shipped in from Jersey. A pizza store owner said he couldn’t make dough with near the texture his cousin in NYC could.
    So what exactly is the carbon footprint of the pizza dough and Hoagie buns being shipped from the east coast ?

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Actually I am sad for you that you cannot get the enjoyment from really good breads. 90% of the breads in central Indiana are just as you describe. Great breads are a work of art you can eat.

Reminds mo of the time we went to Philly the first time. We were in the visitors center that had dozens of windows most with college kids working. I found the old lady and told her I came to Philly for a cheesesteak, but, before she gave me the suggestion I had one more requirement, I did not want to see another tourist in the place.

She actually took our order so we knew how to order like locals then off we went into the south side to a place that sold cigarettes, lotto tickets, and steak sandwiches. I was the only guy in line without a hard hat! Truly amazing! Without that bun it just wouldn’t be the same…
    Oh the wife has taken me to all the northern Jersey places, the BIL to the local sub shop etc. It's not my fault it sucks.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    What about all the barbecue and rib shacks that belch out smoke, albeit great smelling smoke, all day? Will those be included or just the pizza joints? I love NY style pizza but an occasional Chicago style pizza is good too. Just no pineapple or ham! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What about all the barbecue and rib shacks that belch out smoke, albeit great smelling smoke, all day? Will those be included or just the pizza joints? I love NY style pizza but an occasional Chicago style pizza is good too. Just no pineapple or ham! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
    They just do a few things at a time. To do more might risk critical mass forming against them and their communist ideals…

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm finding it difficult to believe that pizza smoke is a smog problem, how many pizza joints are in NY? I don't see focusing on this as making a significant reduction in air pollution.

Over the years I've seen leadership make decisions about eliminating chemicals in their operations with out looking at the actual numbers and what they would be giving up.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    It is sad to say that the millions of automobiles driving those roads all day, every day are causing most if not all that pollution..most are the taxis. I hope there isn't a coal burning pizza oven. Last i knew, the coal furnaces were those owned by nyc and a while back i had seen a documentary that they still operated something from way back in the late 1800s to today. It was boilers and something else.

XDdreams

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I can be flexible on my constitutional rights being systematically taken away, but come after pizza? War is the only answer.

*edit to include* If any of you do wood fired pizza at home, I've got a great Neapolitan pizza dough recipe I'm happy to share.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've never heard of NY BBQ. Do they even use smokers there?

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've never heard of NY BBQ. Do they even use smokers there?
    I meant the barbecue and rib places that cook out back with the giant cookers that send out clouds of smoke. Don’t have a clue as if there is a NY Style BBQ.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I can be flexible on my constitutional rights being systematically taken away, but come after pizza? War is the only answer.

*edit to include* If any of you do wood fired pizza at home, I've got a great Neapolitan pizza dough recipe I'm happy to share.
    I'd take you up on the recipe, but...chocolate and vanilla may be ok, but strawberry in pizza goes too far...

Top Bottom