But what's an "Assult Riffle?" :D

riffles.gif

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    And good old Gary is the answer, has a chance in hell of winning in this circus....NOT

You're right and he has no chance of winning, but the R party is never going to shape up if they keep getting votes they need for the lesser of two evils. Do whatever you want with your vote, but you're not going to convince me that voting for the lesser of two d-bags is the right choice when both of them will gladly barter gun rights for something else they'd like.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Agreed.....it is a freaking circus and they are catering to the idiots with voting powers that should not be allowed to reproduce but that is a topic for another thread.

What to do.

infiremedic07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Lapel/Noblesville
    Isnt Romney correct though. It is illegal to possess a fully automatic machine gun unless you have an NFA stamp. Much like it is illegal to carry a handgun in the state of Indiana unless you have a LTCH. I didn't take what he said as though he wanted to initiate any further bans on weapons as much as Obama was saying that handguns were killing kids so lets ban assault weapons.
    My :twocents:

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    Isnt Romney correct though. It is illegal to possess a fully automatic machine gun unless you have an NFA stamp. Much like it is illegal to carry a handgun in the state of Indiana unless you have a LTCH. I didn't take what he said as though he wanted to initiate any further bans on weapons as much as Obama was saying that handguns were killing kids so lets ban assault weapons.
    My :twocents:

Yes. Romney is right. Fully automatic guns are illegal... Just like alcohol, cigarettes, prescription medication, cars on the roadways, hunting and fishing, having sex, buying lottery tickets, etc.

Restricted does not equal illegal.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Please provide documentation of this statement.

WHAT??! Have you been living in a cave??? Check out the Mass. AWB to see who signed it into law. You surely don't forget that Romney was governor of Mass????

Check out some of the other laws that have his blessing (and signature), you might be in for kind of a shock.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    FYI,
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj8Nk3p1wyY[/ame]

Same old problem with Romney, which Romney do you believe?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I didn't think you could.

And the words of good old Mitt:

"Deadly assault weapons have no place in Massachusetts," Romney said, at a bill signing ceremony on July 1 with legislators, sportsmen's groups and gun safety advocates. "These guns are not made for recreation or self-defense. They are instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

Go ahead and support the one you consider the lesser of two evils. I just can't justify voting for evil.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA

Legislation: During the Romney Administration, no anti-Second Amendment or anti-sportsmen legislation made its way to the Governor’s desk.
    Governor Romney did sign five pro-Second Amendment/pro-sportsmen bills into law. His administration also worked with Gun Owners’ Action League and the Democratic leadership of the Massachusetts House and Senate to remove any anti-Second Amendment language from the Gang Violence bill passed in 2006. A summary of this legislation follows.​

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    The Romney Record, Mitt Romney's Record as Governor of MA

Legislation: During the Romney Administration, no anti-Second Amendment or anti-sportsmen legislation made its way to the Governor’s desk.
    Governor Romney did sign five pro-Second Amendment/pro-sportsmen bills into law. His administration also worked with Gun Owners’ Action League and the Democratic leadership of the Massachusetts House and Senate to remove any anti-Second Amendment language from the Gang Violence bill passed in 2006. A summary of this legislation follows.​

Or how about this quote from one of the anti-gunners upon the signing?:

"Never before has there been such bi-partisan cooperation in the passage of gun safety legislation of this magnitude in this nation," said John Rosenthal, co-founder and chair of Stop Handgun Violence. "I applaud the leadership of the Governor, Senate President, House Speaker and entire Legislature for passage of this assault weapons ban renewal. They have shown that Massachusetts can continue to lead the nation in protecting the public and law enforcement from military style assault weapons."

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John22
    Top Bottom