Andrew Hurley publicly destroys his rifle in protest.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    So this New Yorker thinks there is no need for his "evil" AR-15 so he smashes it to pieces.

"Andrew "Gumbo" Hurley said that after the Newtown, Conn. school shooting in December, the fact he owned an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle sickened him."
    WATCH: Gun Owner Destroys AR-15 With Sledgehammer - Southampton, NY Patch

I like to think of this quote for this situation.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." -Thomas Jefferson

I kind of understand what this guy is trying to say, however he goes about it being a huge jack a**. Why not donate the rifle to a police department? His thinking kind of goes along this; because nuclear bombs have not been used in war in nearly 70 years means we (the US) should dismantle ours because we are civilized. I was kinda hoping he would sustain a minor injury during this... Turns out he did...
    "He admitted that during filming, a piece of the gun flew off and hit him in the head. He said he stopped the bleeding, took off his sweatshirt, and resumed smashing the AR-15."

If this has already been posted, go ahead and merge/delete, a serach of the guys name turned up nada on INGO.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Frankly, I have no problem with Gumbo exercising his own free will to destroy his firearm. What is troublesome is when such folks want to destroy the firearms of others.

BTW, I wonder if thugs have taken notice that there is some guy in Southampton, NY who is destroying his weapons.

I wonder if Gumbo would be willing to display one of those 'This Home is Proudly Gun Free" signs.

Sainte

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    well, he was correct in one respect, he did take the gun out of the hands of a nut....

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    He should have just hung himself. I mean, by owning one he is just as guilty as the guy who actually committed a crime...

half-glocked

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Frankly, I have no problem with Gumbo exercising his own free will to destroy his firearm. What is troublesome is when such folks want to destroy the firearms of others.

Exactly! What I find "sickening" is the destruction of that effective piece of machinery that I can't fit into my budget yet. Not the politics that prompted it, just the act of destruction itself.

I have gun-shy friends, and that's okay. They just know that I don't have the same problem with guns. The fact that I own a gun and value guns doesn't mean I believe everyone *must* have a gun.

I would just like everyone to extend me the same courtesy.

But hey, not living in a perfect world is part of the fun, right? At least we still have options and resources when people like Andrew Hurley try to make a statement against us.

Not so many options in other countries, and sadly, other states.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I think he is a good candidate for a physic evaluation. At least the world has one less nut job out running around.

^^^^^^

Yep.. I agree, but... The police need to pay him a visit to make sure he doesn't have anymore guns. After all, he's a nut job and should not be able to possess a fire arm.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Another level headed non emotional reaction. :rolleyes: "Bad AR!! I MUST destroy you!! " :xmad:

Inabcentia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Bloomington
    That's fine with me. One less AR means a spot opens up in the market for an AR manufacturer to fill the need (instead of buying Hurley's) and so the economy keeps moving forward. I agree with Johnny45. Hurley can smash whatever private property of his he wants to but he (and his ilk) damn well better keep their grubby dick-skinners off of mine.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    well, he was correct in one respect, he did take the gun out of the hands of a nut....

I'm out of rep, but :+1:

And I wonder why this knucklehead ever owned a PDW to begin with. He does seem unsuited. Maybe the Dems should roll out the UBC and use him for the test case. I would throw Rahm Emanuel and Andrew Cuomo in there too. If the UBC would prevent any of them from purchasing a gun, maybe there's something to it...

Last edited:

MaLfUnCtIoN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    This is a great idea. If enough people do this the Government will no longer have to try to ban AR's. It will help to end the shortage of .223 ammo because nobody will have an AR to feed. I hope this guy can convince all of his friends to follow his example. Of course, I will be happy to take the surplus .223 ammo off their hands.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think he is a good candidate for a physic evaluation. At least the world has one less nut job out running around.

Psychiatric (or psychological) evaluation. Only thing that comes to mind with physic is maybe a hernia check.

OK so I looked him up. A NO name musician from a little known band lookin for a publicity lift. He SUCKS!

Which band is that? From my search, I found an Andy Hurley in Fall Out Boy but that isn't the 55 year old that destroyed something that he owned.

Top Bottom