Andrew Hurley publicly destroys his rifle in protest.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Frankly, I have no problem with Gumbo exercising his own free will to destroy his firearm. What is troublesome is when such folks want to destroy the firearms of others.

I agree. He can do whatever to his own. It's when he tries to cast his opinions on others property that I have a problem.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I is my understanding that more people have been killed by hammers or blunt objects than AR's.
    I wonder if he is going to destroy his hammer next?

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Just saying

So this New Yorker thinks there is no need for his "evil" AR-15 so he smashes it to pieces.

"Andrew "Gumbo" Hurley said that after the Newtown, Conn. school shooting in December, the fact he owned an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle sickened him."

Just so everyone is completely clear, I am not Andrew "Gumbo" Hurley. I love my AR-15, my Mossy 20 gauge, my CX4 Storm, my Ruger 10/22, my......:)

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Eric Holder said he would like to make gun ownership "Un Cool" . So this guy rants about how un cool his so called assult rifle is, then they release a pic of some nerdy black guy wearing mom jeans ,awkwardly skeet shooting. God help us if they get a video of Piers Morgan shooting a ... Oh crap! We're in trouble!!

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Just so everyone is completely clear, I am not Andrew "Gumbo" Hurley. I love my AR-15, my Mossy 20 gauge, my CX4 Storm, my Ruger 10/22, my......:)

When I did a seach for this story before I created the thread I found your name and thought "theres no way these two are related" that would have been a doosey if you came in here pretending to be him preaching the evils of AR-15s. :soapbox:

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    So, following his logic, a disproportionate ratio of drunk driver fatalities are committed in Buicks. Therefore, we need to take a sledgehammer to all our Buicks and ban Buicks. Tax the sale and manufacture of Buicks.

Good thing MADD took a slightly different approach.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    You guys are missing some of the quotes from this moron.

Hurley told Patch that in the 10 or 12 years he owned the AR-15, it was only fired off 20 times. "Me and my friend each took 10 shots with it," he said. "In those 10 or 12 years it hasn't jumped out of the safe and shot anyone but I feel it could happen at any moment".

On another note, forgetting exactly how long you have owned a particular firearm is akin to forgetting your wife's birthday.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I is my understanding that more people have been killed by hammers or blunt objects than AR's.
    I wonder if he is going to destroy his hammer next?

But wait! So many are killed in vehicle related deaths that he should smash all of his cars into scrap metal, he will need his hammer for that task. Then, after destroys his cars, he still needs to smash all of his silverware, because we must do something to stem the tide of obesity. Then after all of that, he will still need a hammer since he has no other means of self defense. I wonder if its legal to open carry a hammer where he lives?? After all, there's a lot of kooks running around these days smashing things with hammers and it would not be right to frighten people. :D:D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You guys are missing some of the quotes from this moron.

Hurley told Patch that in the 10 or 12 years he owned the AR-15, it was only fired off 20 times. "Me and my friend each took 10 shots with it," he said. "In those 10 or 12 years it hasn't jumped out of the safe and shot anyone but I feel it could happen at any moment".

On another note, forgetting exactly how long you have owned a particular firearm is akin to forgetting your wife's birthday.

Except you generally only have 1 wife at a time. Making it easier to remember.
    If you can remember when you bought each gun, you don't have enough guns.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    That he did, that he did. He no longer has one.

See, we don't need gun control. Let all like-minded kooks smash their guns, which would also serve the underlying rationale for the UBC, as nutbags who are a danger would be self-disarmed.

Problem solved, crisis averted, back to the economy President Stupid.

I would be interested to see if Gumbo also auto-castrates, since too many penises are used in acts of rape.
    :popcorn:

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The human race is a species of TOOL USERS. We don't have claws like bears and wolves, we don't have thick hides like elephants. We don't run as fast as tigers. we don't have a good sense of smell or hearing like dogs. We can't climb like Monkeys, we can't breath under water like sharks. We can't fly because we don't have wings. We can't make our homes from webs like spiders, build like beavers or see in the dark like owls. We NEED tools to make cook our food, build our homes, protect our family! And a so called "assault weapon" is exactly what I need.

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Really, it's not me

I think Hurley should publicly cut his genitals off since he's equipped to be a rapist.

Again, just so everyone is completely clear, I am not Andrew "Gumbo" Hurley. I love my AR-15, my Mossy 20 gauge, my CX4 Storm, my Ruger 10/22, etc. I also am fond of my genitals, and have never thought of raping anyone, let alone any of the other dumb :poop: he is spewing.

I love my guns, wife, kids and our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms. :patriot:

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    I know how he feels. I mean after OJ was chased by police I drove my white Ford Bronco off a cliff.

Which was really foolish because it turned out he never killed them. I bet he's still looking for the real killer right now.

And after Timothy McVeigh blew up his truck bomb, I immediately disposed of all my diesel fuel and fertilizer. If only farmers realized how dangerous those things are! However it has been tough since I no longer can fuel my tractors or fertilize crops. But you do what you have to do. After all I felt like at any time the diesel and fertilizer could conspire together and blow up my farm. :n00b:

[whew. sarcasm overload.]

:laugh:

That's some kind of super Houdini gun if it can bust out of a locked safe and kill people.

Top Bottom