Angry liberal calls out Democrats for being so stupid about guns and gun control

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I would hope all on the INGO forum take the time to read this in its entirety. I am impressed that someone with whom I might disagree on every other issue has spoken for me on the issue of gun (citizen) control.

We need ALL gun owners, regardless of political stripe, religion, lifestyle, etc., to present a united front of resistance to those who would disarm us.

Remember each of the humorous points and statistical data presented in this article. Those things are the antidote for the name calling we usually hear from the gun-grabbers.

What a great read!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Some very well-articulated points. Particularly regarding conflicting statements (i.e. lies) democrats make about not wanting to ban as many guns as they can, the total lack of knowledge about how guns work, full-auto v semi-auto, the mistaken notion that gun rights are somehow related to hunting, to name a few. Long read but very well worth it.

Thanks for posting this. :yesway:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Just the Facts Please..

Good read-made it all of the way through it.

How about a NOVEL idea??

How about we use FACTS and SPECS in all of our political discussions?

To ME-It seems that the People of this USA have moved to an "American Idol" type of thinking where nothing is decided on the facts, just the EMOITIONAL FEELINGS that someone can inject into the conversation.

In MY mind, more use of the "Numbers" would make more sense on determining if a new law needs to be made or not. Keep promoting the 3% of ALL rifles that are used in violent crime-Post up the ACTUAL numbers of death and injuries by firearms vs knives, cars, hammers etc.

AND while we are with the numbers-Post up the percentages of the "Teens", on the streets of Chicago, D.C., Detroit, Miami, that are living on the street, in a gang, and act like ANIMALS to survive--THERE is where you will find the high numbers of illegal firearms use, and death/injuries to the Youth.

Let us get away from the pictures of Dead Children, Live Children, Cops standing in the background (that will be demoted if they don't), and all the other props, and pawns, that the anti's use, and lets stick to the FACTS!!

OK--Rant off...Bill.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

How about a NOVEL idea??

To ME-It seems that the People of this USA have moved to an "American Idol" type of thinking where nothing is decided on the facts, just the EMOITIONAL FEELINGS that someone can inject into the conversation.

In MY mind, more use of the "Numbers" would make more sense on determining if a new law needs to be made or not. Keep promoting the 3% of ALL rifles that are used in violent crime-Post up the ACTUAL numbers of death and injuries by firearms vs knives, cars, hammers etc.

AND while we are with the numbers-Post up the percentages of the "Teens", on the streets of Chicago, D.C., Detroit, Miami, that are living on the street, in a gang, and act like ANIMALS to survive--THERE is where you will find the high numbers of illegal firearms use, and death/injuries to the Youth.

Let us get away from the pictures of Dead Children, Live Children, Cops standing in the background (that will be demoted if they don't), and all the other props, and pawns, that the anti's use, and lets stick to the FACTS!!

OK--Rant off...Bill.

When I've tried to use numbers and facts I get things like

"FACT: YOU'RE JUST A TERRORIST SUPPORTING PIECE OF ****." Or they claim my numbers are lies perpetrated by the NRA (similar to the Illuminati to these people) and then I get previously debunked statistics thrown at me.

Truly. With a lot of these people there is no discussion to be had, no convincing them they're wrong. It's like arguing with a donkey:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqs9DYisSsg[/ame]

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

How about a NOVEL idea??

OK--Rant off...Bill.
    The problem is that the only "facts" the gun grabbers are touting is this ridiculous mantra that 90% of Americans want things like UBCs.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Good info in that piece. If you go up a level you can read a couple other pieces he's written, also with good info. I appreciate the information in the piece and the predominant lack of opinion - his sources are linked and quoted.

These are worth archiving on my home computer for future reference.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    Wow, that is probably one of the best pieces I have read on the subject. It does a great job of handling alot of the "charged" issues (on both sides of the aisle) in a very level and calm way. I definitely plan on sharing this article with others.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've read a few pieces from this blog. I don't necessarily agree with all of the ideas but they're all well written, well thought out, and very informative.

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    A long but worthwhile read. The points that the author put forth are good ones but the way I see it is that the politicians will learn nothing from this(if they take the time to read it). Too many people "feel" things and refuse to listen to any discussion that offers a view that is different than their own. These folks will shout you down and/or call you names or worse if you tried to bring up some of the points made in this article. Until that changes this country will remain split.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I didn't read the whole article but it seems very good. I have differing opinions on some of the issues the author talked about but as far as the guns go...:yesway:.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I don't doubt your experience at all. I'm just advocating for us not to do anything to hurt ourselves. They could very well be hurting their own cause by name-calling and insulting you depending on who else is seeing/hearing it. Let them, just don't retaliate, be the bigger man.

As for the politicians, the Democratic reps don't care as much about Republicans sending them emails as when someone who actually voted for them does it. I can't speak for all liberal gun owners, but I hold my representatives accountable even more when I cast a ballot for them. If they cross me, that'll be resolved in time. I'm left of center, but have no party allegiance, and don't vote straight ticket. I always try to choose the better of the two bowls of crap on the ballot, insofar as I can judge it. No one gets my vote by default. And just because those in Washington "would" take guns away, doesn't mean that they "can", just as we witnessed last week.

One question - how does any politician know who "actually voted for them" - if they do they most certainly have violated almost all of my rights!!

Unfortunately my impression and experience indicates that basically 99% of all politicians tend to vote the "party line" most of the time, unless it is known that they are voting for something that will prevent them from being re-elected.

Yes, I am a very conservative voter. My opinion was just reinforced by Todd Rokita's vote in the Senate regarding the "Universal background check". While he was outspoken in defense of the 2nd, his vote was 180 degree away!

It is quite well known and publicized that the Democratic party believes in and supports "Gun Control" - meaning they believe that no one but the Government, Police and Military should possess firearms! The flip-flop vote like Rokita's has happened so many times that I refuse to vote for any Democratic candidate ever! I do and have voted in every election for the last 50 years (may have missed once - but not in the last 40 years).

The other issue regarding the Presidential position is that they appoint the Supreme court justices. Guess how much credence the Liberal judges they appoint give the constitution? The Liberals have already said the constitution is a "living document" and should be interpreted or changed as they believe is fit for today's environment. Therefore I could never vote for a Democrat even if the other contender was a blithering idiot!

My sons also vote and in my opinion (and theirs) the one thing that is paramount is that the 2nd amendment be not restricted in any manner. Any other issue can be changed but when the populace is disarmed we then have no recourse - as History has proven!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom