• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I am pretty close to CP and must have gained 12 to 15 new channels most of them are duplicates and home shopping/informacial types.. Have not touched my antenna. In the past sometimes I would lose channels late at night, I would recommend rescanning at different times of the day.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I am pretty close to CP and must have gained 12 to 15 new channels most of them are duplicates and home shopping/informacial types.. Have not touched my antenna. In the past sometimes I would lose channels late at night, I would recommend rescanning at different times of the day.
    Maybe it's my antenna, then. It works better at the higher frequencies. What kind of antenna do you have, Butch?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    this site helps. especially for alignment. I'm considering installing a taller mast and adding a second antenna because I have to split the difference and aim it between the two towers and hope I get enough on the edge of both.

https://antennaweb.org/

Channelmaster makes AWESOME antennas.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I need to get a compass. I know I need to aim about twenty degrees west of due north, but guessing is not cutting it any more.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have this one on a 10' pole from the peak of my roof and I get it all. I am closer to the Sears tower than you.
    3de01f1a-7814-4975-86ae-ededbe33b7f4_1.7ef52f0975aa730cd64e81460e7b71a5.jpeg

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LTE filters also help I found. I live a half mile away from a cell tower and it helped clean up my signal a bit.

zer0day

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2019
    Munster
    All,

I work for a major wireless carrier whose construction efforts to build out 5G are the reason for the rescan. The existing 600mhz frequency block being used for broadcast TV is going to transition from TV to cellular. The LTE filters will help and I would advise anyone near a cell tower or not to get one if you use an antenna for TV. The new 600mhz cellular use would go into effect by 11.20.19. Just in time for black Friday.
    Not all phones will be capable of using the lower band. S8 active, S9 and above will be capable. Not sure about iPhones. We use Samsung for testing.
    Back to tv reception, keep in mind how far up you ate putting your antenna. Cell towers in populated areas would be in the 100 to 250ft range. Rural areas would be more in the 150 to 500ft range.
    You might be able to get away with putting up a flagpole and mount the antenna to that. Or go up higher on a windmill in some rural areas.
    Think about the surfaces around the antenna too. Metal will cause reflection of signals.

Hope this helps in some way or another. Wanted to add to the thread and help if I can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    All,

Back to tv reception, keep in mind how far up you ate putting your antenna.
    You might be able to get away with putting up a flagpole and mount the antenna to that. Or go up higher on a windmill in some rural areas.
    Think about the surfaces around the antenna too.

With TV, we transmit from 1000' up, but we add "beam tilt" to help get the signal to the ground.
    30' up for the average homeowner should be fine.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Maybe it's my antenna, then. It works better at the higher frequencies. What kind of antenna do you have, Butch?

My antenna is the old school style from back in the 1960's and 70's. Looks like this one with the arms arrow shaped or pointed but I believe it is larger .

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    https://www.fcc.gov/media/engineering/dtvmaps

Our local CBS station moved to a frequency that our church's microphone was using. :n00b:
    I had to do the "walk of shame" and take a different mic up to the singer on stage in the middle of the service.

We had a less obvious problem. One of 4 mics shared the frequency with a cross town station. Nothing fun like hearing the broadcast through the board. It would just interfere with the mic and it would drop out unexpectedly. It wasnt until I looked into frequencies while shopping for new mics to add to our system that I discovered the problem. Funny thing is the chick behind the counter at the music store insisted it was flat out illegal to run my system now. No, FCC says you can use it as long as you are not interfering. Though based on our power output, the interference was the other way around.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hey, what goes with the channels anyway?
    I re-scanned my channels and now some have no signal but I now have duplicate channels with a signal and programming.

Top Bottom