• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The Antenna TV frequencies of some stations changed yesterday (Friday), necessitating a re-scan. I did the scan yesterday several times, even adjusting the direction of the antenna 3-4 times, and still was not able to pick up about half of the channels I had before, including ABC, NBC, and PBS, and also some of the old re-run type stations like MeTV. Is anyone else having this problem, and if so, any ideas of how to fix it?

Rescan at night with high clouds.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I too did the re-scan and actually picked up more channels.

I'm in Carmel and lost all the small channels... only have the Indy ones 6/8/13/20/23/29/40/59... lost 4/27/28/42/63/69... I could care less about 42 63 and 69 but 28 was cool because it played reruns of different sci-fi shows every night. 4 and 29 have always switched up which came in better since the 80's.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hey, what goes with the channels anyway?
    I re-scanned my channels and now some have no signal but I now have duplicate channels with a signal and programming.

OK, I re-scanned manually, eliminating the duplicate (no signal) channels and I ended up with 47 good channels, that's acceptable.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Hey, what goes with the channels anyway?
    I re-scanned my channels and now some have no signal but I now have duplicate channels with a signal and programming.
    Samsung? Ours will add channels but not delete on a rescan. I have to just short of factory reset the damned thing when I rescan.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thought I'd give an update on this situation. After purchasing three different antennas and still not being able to get much more than CBS, I figured out the problem. I had a Tablo DVR hooked up between the antenna and the TV, and I had been recording several shows fine before the repack. After the repack when we lost the channels, I assumed the problem was the antenna. I finally decided to check whether it could be the tuner in the DVR, and it was. Tablos have crap tuners.

I bought one of these. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2ZBD1U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mediasonic HW-150PVR ATSC Digital Converter Box w/ TV Recording, Media Player, and TV Tuner Function

It's not as user friendly as the Tablo and it doesn't play well with my Roku, but for $39 I can watch and record shows on antenna TV again. It just requires switching between the TV remote, the Roku remote, and the DVR remote. This DVR works with either a flash drive or a hard drive, but I saw in the reviews that a flash drive only holds a couple of shows. I am using the 1TB hard drive that I was using with the Tablo. Finally get to see Jeopardy again.

The only thing I'm paying for is Philo streaming service, which is ~45 channels for $16 a month, plus my internet. I don't get a lot of sports because that's not my thing, but I get all the free movies, music, and TV programs I need. Roku, Pluto, Tubi, Vudu, and Stirr are all free streaming services that have odds and ends of free stuff not available with the others. Now that I have my antenna TV to complete it, I'm a happy girl.

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Thanks for the heads up on the DVR. When (if) we finally get to move I plan to drop dish and have internet only. I wasn't sure how I was going to easily DVR the shows we like. I know I could build another computer and go that route but I am so far behind the times I didn't want to go that route until I had a back-up plan.

Top Bottom