• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    All I have is a 100yd zero. Can we get a few rounds down range before scoring starts?
    Ballistics calculator may get me close, but it would be only fair to get a few shots at distance like some of the locals at The Hide:):

Yeah, I saw your 100 yard groups...no practice targets for Matt but I’d like to shoot one

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    All I have is a 100yd zero. Can we get a few rounds down range before scoring starts?
    Ballistics calculator may get me close, but it would be only fair to get a few shots at distance like some of the locals at The Hide:):

Yea we can do a quick sight in, a couple shots for everyone that needs to.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Agreed, one target and 5 shots would suit me to help make sure my dial up is correct. We all know you'll be shooting the night before perfecting your 275 yard zero! :)

Ha! I wish.. Friday is my only day off during the week this week so I'm going to be lucky to just get the range ready to go in time for Saturday much less have any time to shoot, lol

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Less than a week away. looks like so far its suppose to be dry, just HOT! So everyone bring some water or sports drinks...

Still have 2 spots left if anyone else is thinking of attending let me know!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Saturday is getting close and had one cancellation today so there is one spot still open if anyone else is interested...

Looks like its going to be dry, but HOT! So make sure to bring water or something to drink. We will be shooting in the shade but its still warm.

If you havent been out before send me a PM if you need directions..

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    A huge thanks to all that were able to attend today it was a ton of fun, even with the heat!

Congrats to "Notalentbum" for comeing through with the win. Great shooting to all and cant wait to see you guys back again!!!!!

guinnb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2018
    Columbus
    This was my first time at the Hide.
    Fantastic host, site, and shooters! Great people
    one and all.
    Really well thought out and set up range!

Huge shout out and thanks for letting me shoot with you all.

Oh yeah, Notalentbum had to be on steroids. Next time we make him get
    screened :whistle:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    What was the winner shooting?

Matt will tell you the exact model but it was a savage 223 bolt action. He was shooting factory Hornady match ammo. His gun absolutely loved that load. He shot a perfect 150 with 15x. Matt is so humble he'll tell you it was luck but he was the one behind the gun shooting X's all day long. He flat out whipped our ass. Sgreen was 2nd with a 150 13x and I believe I was 3rd with a 150 11x. Lots of 150s and varying Xs. Good times

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Not quite perfect. Only 13 X’s.
    Rifle is a special edition Savage that Dicks Sporting Goods used to sell. It is model 11VT. It came with a heavy barrel, Accutrigger, cheap synthetic stock and a cheap Bushnell scope for under $450. I swapped out the Bushnell for a decent Vortex 4-12.
    I also have the same model in .308 and it shoots every bit as good as the .223 I shot yesterday.
    I’ve felt some days I shoot better than others. Yesterday showed how accurate that feeling is. The first round was easy. I put the crosshairs on target and they just laid there, zero movement. Second round I struggled to get the crosshairs to settle in and my group showed it. Last round was even worse. First shot I knew I pulled high but the rest were all over the place. I’m curious what caused my loss of stability. Heat was a factor I’m sure. I wonder if my drinking Dr. Pepper/caffeine made me shakier.

Thanks go out to Sgreen for hosting the event. I have had a great time every time I’ve made the drive down from Indy. We had a great group of people to shoot with too.

Matt

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yup good times!

I'm surprised I did as well as I did, none of the shots that I fired felt good for what ever the reason just didn't feel comfortable behind the rifle yesterday. But I have a great time no matter how I shoot, great bunch of guys to talk and hang out with!

Congrats on the win Matt, well done..

Top Bottom