• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    It's probably noteworthy to mention Rule #1: "Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."

That being said, it's probably not too far off to believe that the whole thing is a forgery. It's just another run at the Administration using these Alinskyan tactics to sow internal mistrust and division.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    While I don't put anything past anyone, who this is will be discovered. Everyone knows that. If it were discovered that this was a fabricated account, the repercussions for the NYT and whoever was involved with be significant. I don't think they are going to risk that.

In sum, as slimy as they may be, self-interest keeps them from taking this risk.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Especially after getting dinged with the intern thing. (Wait. I swear that's not a Clinton reference.)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Ari Fleischer (yes THAT Ari Fleisher) on NPR had a really good point. The way to handle this if you are a staffer that can't stand your working environment and disagree with what the boss is doing is to resign and put your name to your objections.

This smarminess with the national media while claiming to be a patriot or a republican is just too much.

To the author: (John Huntsman?). You are neither a patriot nor a hero, for you have taken the coward's way, not the hero's. You claim to be a Republican, but I'll tell you that you have less class and dignity than Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer because at least their names are attached to their corruption and subterfuge and general malfeasance. You are not a not a rival or a friend, but a traitor and a spy.

Resign and go away.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I agree that it's likely some low-level nobody who is doing some major embellishing.

Leadership flows from the top. Trump does not conduct himself in a professional manner, and neither does anyone else in his administration. Every time a meeting adjourns, the Times phone lines are jammed up by people ducking into bathrooms to gossip. This person is likely trying to pad their nest so they can claim credit later and get into the headlines and onto the talk show circuit.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I disagree with the rhetoric labeling this person a traitor or a spy - mostly because it dilutes the very important meaning of those words.

They should resign. They should've resigned, THEN written it for attribution, THEN made a ton of money on the speaking tour.

And at least some people know who Huntsman is. I don't think its him.

There's one guy that, if its him, I won't be surprised one bit. And I doubt anyone would recognize his name, except some folks here plugged in to Indiana politics.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While I don't put anything past anyone, who this is will be discovered. Everyone knows that. If it were discovered that this was a fabricated account, the repercussions for the NYT and whoever was involved with be significant. I don't think they are going to risk that.

In sum, as slimy as they may be, self-interest keeps them from taking this risk.

If it were discovered that this was fabricated, all the Times staff would have to do is claim they were trying to save the country from the Republicans and all would be forgiven.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    If it were discovered that this was fabricated, all the Times staff would have to do is claim they were trying to save the country from the Republicans and all would be forgiven.

Why don't we ask Dan Rather how that would work out.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Funny. All you guys supporting Trump were claiming Obama was a Kenyan.
    !

Riiight!

And all this group are stingy. all that group are lazy, all those people smell bad, and everybody in that bunch is racist.

I have learned that there isn't anything that all of a group is.

EMDX6043

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2015
    Hammond
    The thing I don't understand is that if it were truly from the inside, why risk exposing yourself by writing the thing?

Wouldn't a proper tactic be to KEEP QUIET and do the "work" behind the scenes, assuming the alleged threat is so serious?

That's what leads me to believe it's a forgery, or in the very least whoever wrote it is very, very dumb.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Top Bottom