Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I was just reading some information on Brownell's news letter warning
    of another upcoming ammo shortage as well as AR magazines! They
    stated this one will surpass the shortages of 2008, 2009. Factors may
    be from an upcoming election year as well as the 2012 scare.
    Anyone out there seen any more info on this subject ? :dunno:

:ingo::patriot:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I think I read the same one from them just a few weeks ago.

Was at the local Rural King tonight, haven't ammo shelves that bare in quite a while...

- Plenty of shotgun
    - Little to no .22LR, NO bricks.
    - Little to no 9mm Luger
    - Few .223 Rem.
    - Low on .40 S&W
    - Decent supply on large caliber rifle
    - NO .308 Win. that I could find.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Wally world has no federal 50s, no federal 100s, all out of .22 in the 550 bulks, and no 9mm anything. The only handgun ammo they had was some very select 38 and 50 pack of .40s. Still good on rifle and shotgun.... for now

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I haven't been to the Bedford Walmart in a week or so, but somebody in Lawrence county must be building up a cache of 45's. They're seemingly always out of WWB's when I check.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Seems to be doing OK around me. Wal Mart had ammo and the local GM has butt-loads of it. I picked up 150 rounds of Speer 124 grain 9mm, and 40 more rounds of 7.62x54r just this week.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Walmarts because they are low priced,always have sold out of ammo/ or at least depleted their stocks quickly from what I see. Brownells may be doing some clever marketing.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Looking down at one of my ammo cans I start to think: "Man I'm glad I started reloading"

That's the best way to get through the shortages, assuming you don't wait until the last minute for buying the components...

I don't think we will see the worse of it as long as gun sales are up. It's when everyone turns from buying guns and focuses all their funds on ammo is when it can vanish and become darn near impossible to get.

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've been keeping tabs on the Lafayette/West Lafayette Walmart stores, they seem to be able to get intermittent supply so whether you can buy some or not seems to be based off of how lucky you get when you show up.

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    A lot of this re-surfaced recently when the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) put out for quotes on 500 million rounds of ammo. They usually only go for about 175 million rounds of ammo per year. It started a lot of speculation in the gun world that they knew something that we didn't about ammo getting more expensive or harder to get. A lot of the big wholesalers and distributors followed suit by ordering 100-150 million rounds more than normal. Several of the smaller distributors and such ordered 5-10 million rounds more, etc. down the ammo food chain.
    For what it's worth, I have noticed that ammo has become more expensive and harder to get. A few months ago, I was seeing cases of Federal 55-grain ball ammo for $300-310 in stock at several online places, usually with free shipping. Now, it seems to have to about $360-400 plus shipping charges and is out of stock at most places like Bass Pro, Cabela's, Brownell's, Gander Mountain, etc.
    If you say it hasn't gone up, please let me know where I can buy several cases of the Federal 55-grain ball ammo for $300-310 with free shipping and it's in stock. Thanks

Top Bottom