• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Palmetto state armory has free shipping right now, I think all summer. They are backed up on orders so it may take a few days to ship but I ordered 500rds of 7.62x39 for $112 shipped.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I ordered 3,000 rds. last year. Some of the ammo I bought is currently 30% more expensive now. Hopefully after the general election prices will drop again.

.45 Dave

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Bound to happen with the election drawing closer. Glad I have a 30-30 and a .45 LC - always more of those around. Need to load up more on .40 though.

zibby43

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    No better way to ignite panic buying/boost ammo sales than sending out a letter warning of an imminent ammo shortage.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Most of the Wal-Marts around the area on almost out of ammo. The ones that have ammo have increased their prices. I can still get most ammo at a decent price at local gun shops though. PSA has free shipping and some good prices.
    I'm just glad that I need my supply stocked up. Who knows I might sell some off to make a project once we get closer to election time.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I had the problem along with everyone else on the last shortage. I would go to Walmart at 11 at night to see if they had anything and they were usually out.

This time I am far wiser. I got my reloading operation started and I am currrently sitting on plenty of ammo in every caliber I need:banana::p

If I get bored or have some extra time, I simply stroll down to the basement with a cup of coffee, start my ipod (hooked into speakers of course), and calmly load a few hundred.

Worst time to buy a generator is during a power outage.. Worse time to need ammo is during an ammo shortage... Just sayin' - prepare yourself in advance and you shall not find yourself wanting.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    It's ironic, the only ammo shortages I see, are the ball ammos in 9, 40, 223 at the distributor level, but what usually happens is the price increases when the inventory levels go up.

In the high dollar stuff, I'm seeing no shortage, especially in price.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Panic buying for the win. It was the same during the last election. Then things cooled down. Now people are panic buying again.

Pretty much, I just wish I wasn't so low on ammo as the panic is heating up... Got plenty of 9mm brass (500 nickel plate, 1000+ brass) not much .223, not much 7.62x54R, and no powder, primer, or bullets, though I do have access to those.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Pretty much, I just wish I wasn't so low on ammo as the panic is heating up... Got plenty of 9mm brass (500 nickel plate, 1000+ brass) not much .223, not much 7.62x54R, and no powder, primer, or bullets, though I do have access to those.

I'm sitting on probably 2k .223 brass, 2k 9mm brass. I do not shoot a lot of .308, I have maybe 140 pieces of brass. The only thing I need to stock up on again is bullets, primers, and rifle powder.

rational

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    New Whiteland
    I just found bulk 9mm 1000 rounds for 149.99 shipped. I have been out of shooting for about 4 years so this seemed expensive to me, but the guy who sold my better half her first pistol thinks it is super cheap. Thoughts? I believe it is WPA.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I just found bulk 9mm 1000 rounds for 149.99 shipped. I have been out of shooting for about 4 years so this seemed expensive to me, but the guy who sold my better half her first pistol thinks it is super cheap. Thoughts? I believe it is WPA.

That's about average for Wolf/Tula. Steel cased, right?

Top Bottom