• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Might as well be called Moron trail if your using it unarmed. If people don't arm themselves against this action, the robberies will eventually take complete control. Like rust on a car, once it starts, it spreads if it's not cut out. If they're gonna use the trail, they should arm themselves. It's legal.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Might as well be called Moron trail if your using it unarmed. If people don't arm themselves against this action, the robberies will eventually take complete control. Like rust on a car, once it starts, it spreads if it's not cut out. If they're gonna use the trail, they should arm themselves. It's legal.

Not yet, the State preemption doesn't take effect until Jul 1. I've not heard of any city, county, or township advertising that they've repealed their restrictions early to comply. In fact, in another thread, there's evidence that they are trying to get around it and keep their restrictions through twisted logic and inventing courtrooms.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Not yet, the State preemption doesn't take effect until Jul 1. I've not heard of any city, county, or township advertising that they've repealed their restrictions early to comply. In fact, in another thread, there's evidence that they are trying to get around it and keep their restrictions through twisted logic and inventing courtrooms.

Link?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_2nd_amendment/154871-monroe_county_tricks.html

Here it is. Monroe county is installing "Commissioners Courts" in county buildings to keep them firearm free

Southbend is twisting the law saying that because a connecting building has a courtroom, both structure are verboten carry areas.

I'm waiting for some "wonderful" judge or brainless elected official to determine that since there is a court in a county, that court extends to the boundaries of the county and therefore no firearms are allowed in the county.

I would have made that purple, but we have too many brain dead official so I wouldn't put anything past them!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    What is it with the Monon trail?
    Lightly patrolled at best, illegal to carry any kind of defensive weapon (for now), lots of ambush points, and most folks "tune out" while biking, walking, or running. Add in the fact it runs through tons of not-so-nice areas, and provides a nice, direct route into more affluent neighborhoods. It is your local hoods "dream"!

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It's only there through a criminal act to start with. How could it have ever turned out any other way?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Sounds like the perfect place for an OC event 'round July 1st :)

Glad that older fellow got through that alright. If those bandits had had any kind of backbone he'd have been in a world of hurt.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    me to vic.ryckaert@indystar.com
    10:47am

Do you happen to know any details about the attackers? You described the dog pretty well, which doesn't really help. Looking forward to the headline next week, though: "Two men shot in attempted mugging on Monon."

Adam

Forward

"Ryckaert, Vic" <Vic.Ryckaert@indystar.com> to "me" <me>
    4:29pm

The report from last night included a vague description of the attackers – “two black males wearing all black.”
    The Star doesn’t include vague descriptions of suspects in crimes stories.
    The report included a lot of info on the dog, so I put it in the story.

I hope that answers your question, even if you may disagree.
    Vic Ryckaert
    Indy Star

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    me to vic.ryckaert@indystar.com
    10:47am

Do you happen to know any details about the attackers? You described the dog pretty well, which doesn't really help. Looking forward to the headline next week, though: "Two men shot in attempted mugging on Monon."

Adam

Forward

"Ryckaert, Vic" <Vic.Ryckaert@indystar.com> to "me" <me>
    4:29pm

The report from last night included a vague description of the attackers – “two black males wearing all black.”
    The Star doesn’t include vague descriptions of suspects in crimes stories.
    The report included a lot of info on the dog, so I put it in the story.

I hope that answers your question, even if you may disagree.
    Vic Ryckaert
    Indy Star

Then they should report "two black males wearing all black". It's a firsthand description of the perps by the victim. So, if someone else is walking the Monon and two black males wearing all black approach, one would be more cautious than say four Chinese ladies wearing sun dresses.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like the perfect place for an OC event 'round July 1st :)

Glad that older fellow got through that alright. If those bandits had had any kind of backbone he'd have been in a world of hurt.

Absolutely. Never been to the Monon trail, but I would love to make our presence known in an OC/Carry event.

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Then they should report "two black males wearing all black". It's a firsthand description of the perps by the victim. So, if someone else is walking the Monon and two black males wearing all black approach, one would be more cautious than say four Chinese ladies wearing sun dresses.

But that's racist!

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville

But that's racist!

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Heck with open carry. Two or three good guys concealed carry spaced about 20 paces apart. Thugs approach one person the other two pull up and it's show time. Nothing like a good hunting expedition ala Charles Bronson (except for the murder part.)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Heck with open carry. Two or three good guys concealed carry spaced about 20 paces apart. Thugs approach one person the other two pull up and it's show time. Nothing like a good hunting expedition ala Charles Bronson (except for the murder part.)

I'm fairly sure that we'd get charged with something for doing that.

Not saying I'm against the premise, of course :D

Top Bottom