• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have noticed a lot of used guns are far overpriced, Many times I can buy from a local gun shop for less and they are making a fair profit besides. The only guns that sell at a rediculatious high price are out of production, very desireable, and hard to find ones.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I like it

................a rediculatious high price ...............

Lotta' guys can't comprehend "rediculatious".

The other side of this coin is the guys who want you to "donate" your gun to them. For every high price, there's a lowball offer, or a will you take 2 chickens and B&W TV offer.

I have sold a couple of items as ""$$ OBO" but, what does a guy do if the chickens and TV are the best offer? :)

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    pet peeve: seeing people asking more for a used gun here than the same gun goes for new on another auction site. It shouldn't bother me and I should be happy they made the profit and maybe they really overpaid when they bought it but DAMN, do some research instead of wasting space. rant over.

LOL! The ones that get me are the guys who go buy ammo at Wallyworld and then try to sell it here for what they paid, or more! Does anyone actually fall for this s#*#?
    Like I really want to go out of my way to meet some idiot to buy ammo that I can walk into the store and buy...

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Nothing worse then driving 30 minutes or more with the $450 hard earned dollars in your pocket to get a text message 20 minutes after the person was supposed to meet you saying I got a better offer, sorry..

No weapon, wasted gas and even more valuable wasted time...

I made the mistake of pointing out on a classified that they should check their price because it was high and got a warning for it..

Can't fix stupid....

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I'm thinking that's wot most people mean, ... like there's going to be a bidding war on their treasured firearm.

I have the hardest time resisting informing people that their price for a used is nearly the same as the going rate for a new piece.

I think many of us have that problem.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    There is a rifle for sale right now on the classifieds stating that you much show ltch and be willing to sign a bill of sale. Hey I hope the guy gets his price but I don't have to show a ltch or sign the bill of sale at a dealer. Why would I with a private party. Heck I was interested in his rifle too.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    I don't mind signing a bill of sale or showing a DL, but I do mind it when the price is Or Best Offer and they will not accept any offers below their asking price.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    :alcoholic:bump......bump.......bump......been bumping my kel-tec p3at for months.....bump.....bump....ok, dropped the price from 400 to 375...hurry or its going back in the safe....

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    What about when the guy asks questions says he's interested, then wants you to deliver, then wants to lower your price some more.

Ziggy01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    I really like it when you agree to there asking price, set a meeting time then two hours before you are supposed to meet they send a pm stating they decided to sell it to someone else!

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    how about the bill of sale that the FFL keeps for 20 years? :laugh:

That's different. It's required by law. No choice. Not required by any means in a private sale. Why would you want to do it if not required???? I know the arguement of a bill of sale for protection, ya ya ya.... I say why create more of a paper trail for the government to snoop in. Especially when it is NOT required.

Heck there is a sale listed now for a Muzzleloader requiring a ltch! :D

Top Bottom