• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thanks Kirk. I'll keep my tank away from your chickens for a while.

Pffft, until the next camera crew shows up at your department then it will be 1st Cav rumbling up I-65.

I make my living in the movies but for the last 20 years I've been driving tanks over chickens and dogs.

Hey, Stallone, don't wave that gun around, remember the Four Rules.

Stallone? Aikido martial arts . . . waaaahhhh!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I have been accused of beating a dead horse by harping on:
    Quit doing "Show and Tell" It is not cool. It is both stupid and dangerous. Kirk calls it "coonfingering."

If that is beating a dead horse, then I will continue as long as people keep shooting and killing others "coonfingering" or "showing and telling."

Other than news media anti-gun sensationalism, how does this really differ from drunk getting behind the wheel of a car and killing someone?

It doesn't differ that much at all really.
    But the news article I read didn't seem to be "anti-gun sensationalism" - although I know that happens.

These unintentional gun deaths are not going to stop ... ever ... as long as there are guns. That's just the way it is.
    I'm not going to take it as a personal affront to my 2nd Amendment rights everytime some idiot screws up. I appreciate everyone's concern on this forum, but repeating or mentioning the gun rules each time this happens isn't helping anything in the "real world". It's preaching to the choir. But if it makes you feel better.... press on.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Was teaching a NRA Basic Pistol course to a couple of kids who are joining the Scout Venturing Crew that I help with. We kept repeating the basic safety rules after each section. They have never fired a gun before and tomorrow will be their first time. One thing I know prior to heading to the firing line, they will observe the NRA Safety rules and they are now engrained in their minds.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I always point mine at the ground when I unchamber. I keep one in the barrell with the safety on, though I'm very aware that it is loaded at all times until I remove the magazine and clear the chamber.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    How do I say "clearing barrel" in French?

Le baril? Is it "unloading barrel"???:dunno: Wish I was fluent in French, more chicks would dig me.

:):

I had to look it up, I never saw that in a shooting range in France so I dont know how they call it.
    I found a website offering one that they call "tube à décharger" which means "discharging tube".

As far as chicks go, being fluent in French is not all it takes.It does help but im outrageously handsome on top of that, so I dont think that chicks dig me just because im fluent in French.

You can just try speaking english with a French accent, it works.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My gun is loaded yes it is;
    This one is Kirk's and so is his.

I'll point my gun at nothing at all;
    If I must I'll point at a brick wall.

My finger is nice and straight;
    In this I never hesitate.