• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So.....What is the budget OP? I haven't seen that confirmed. That'll dictate what will best suit your needs.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    P4xi's go on sale at DSG frequently for $479 with a free throw lever. If you want a Steiner P4xi, wait for them to offer that price again.
    https://dsgarms.com/search?cid=0&q=p4xi

Vortex PST 1-6 is $700 at optics planet. They'll likely have another 12-15% off sale around black Friday and you'll be able to snag one for $600.

You can pick up a Sig Tango6 1-6 for $645 shipped to your door at the following link:
    https://cheapgunsonline.com/p-128753-sig-sot61007tango6-1-6x24il-mrad.aspx

You can pick up a Trijicon Accupower anytime at Tactical Wholesalers for $650ish. They may have a Black Friday sale so you can get it right around $600.
    https://www.tacticalwholesalers.com/TRI-ACCUPOWER-1-4X24-RIFLESCOPE-MOA_p_148502.html

Here's the Weaver 1-5 Tac that's made at LOW Japan for under $500.
    https://www.natchezss.com/weaver-ta...5x24mm-sf-illum-cirt-reticle-matte-black.html

If you're operating on a constrained budget, make your money go as far as it can. Don't buy at full price. Search out a deal and get the best you can with your money.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Ask INGO for suggestions, get a whole bunch of really good responses all from well known and respected manufacturers inside of the given price range. Then want info on a cheaper scope from a brand (I at least have never heard of them) that no one has ever heard of before. Classic INGO

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    :ingo:

Ask INGO for suggestions, get a whole bunch of really good responses all from well known and respected manufacturers inside of the given price range. Then want info on a cheaper scope from a brand (I at least have never heard of them) that no one has ever heard of before. Classic INGO

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Well I think it'd be foolish not to get as much info as possible about as many different options as I can. Would it be "classic INGO" (which by the context seems like a negative connotation) if someone started a thread like this about a carry pistols and, after being pointed toward Glocks and Sigs, asks "what about these CZ deals?"

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Well I think it'd be foolish not to get as much info as possible about as many different options as I can. Would it be "classic INGO" (which by the context seems like a negative connotation) if someone started a thread like this about a carry pistols and, after being pointed toward Glocks and Sigs, asks "what about these CZ deals?"

That's not a comparable scenario. CZ has been around since 1936 and has a history of quality products. Riton was established in 2013 and is pretty unheard of. When the OP specifically states durability is a main concern, the lack of industry track record should certainly be considered. Hence why most of the recommendations were for established manufacturers and/or proven products.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That's not a comparable scenario. CZ has been around since 1936 and has a history of quality products. Riton was established in 2013 and is pretty unheard of. When the OP specifically states durability is a main concern, the lack of industry track record should certainly be considered. Hence why most of the recommendations were for established manufacturers and/or proven products.

That makes sense. But how does a company gain a track record if nobody tries them out?

None of this should be taken as me disregarding the advice that others have generously given, by the way. I'm just trying to explore as many avenues as possible.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    OP, I recently finished upgrading all my defensive rifles with Vortex Optics. I went with them for value, quality, lots of options and the lifetime warranty. I chose 2 different scopes with the same reticles for my medium to long range setups and one with a reticle that would be fast into action for self defense and competion for my short range rifle.
    I have the Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10x FFP with the EBR-1 MOA reticle on my 20" AR. It is the first Generation, but still carries the same lifetime warranty. AA Optics has refurbished ones for $560, which also carries the Lifetime Warranty. I have 2 refurbished PST's and they are great scopes for a whole lot less money.
    If you still want a 1-4x or 1-6x for your 20" rifle, I can recommend the Viper PST 1-4x. It is second focal plane, but has a 1 MOA red dot in the center of the reticle. AA OPtics has these refurbished for $330. Both of the scopes I mentioned have exposed turrets, positive click adjustment, and zero stop features. In the 1-6x scope, the Vortex Strike Eagle is a good choice, and can be had for $245 on AA's refurbished page and new for $329. You get alot of scope for your money there. The 1-8x Strike Eagle is $449 new, so depending on your budget, that might be a better option for you 20" rifle.
    I know I am coming off as a Vortex fanboy, but I bought several different optics because they were cheap, and were not happy with them. I did alot of research before settling on Vortex and I really feel that for the money, you get a whole lot of quality and options.
    My only non-Vortex scope is on my house rifle. It is a Bushnell AR Optics 1-4x FFP with the "Throwdown" lever. The reticle is awesome on it, virtually identical to the Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x, but it does not have zero stops or locking turrets. It does have really good glass for the money, but I do not think it is as robust as the Vortex scopes.

Top Bottom