• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    A Russian Dwarf Hamster (which my daughter picked out and named "Fluffy").

Fluffy100515_1.jpg

Fluffy100515_2.jpg

Fluffy100515_3.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Mercenary-scientist pet for a renaissance man?

Sounds good.

Congrats on the acquisition of SHTF-food factory A.

Mission is now to acquire SHTFFF-B.

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    As a snake guy I don't particularly like having rodents as pets. but I used to work at a pet store and you have to handle dwarf hamsters (all hamsters for that matter) often or they get bad attitudes from my experiance. They are cute little critters though. And they breed easy so it is a good way to teach the facts of life in a controlled environment if you were inclined to do so.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    As a snake guy I don't particularly like having rodents as pets. but I used to work at a pet store and you have to handle dwarf hamsters (all hamsters for that matter) often or they get bad attitudes from my experiance. They are cute little critters though. And they breed easy so it is a good way to teach the facts of life in a controlled environment if you were inclined to do so.

In my experience from working in a pet store, yes, they do breed easily, too easily...we have had numerous situations where the breeding got out of hand and they brought us the "surplus" they couldn't pawn off on classmates, friends, family, total strangers, etc. We had one family bring us 50, yes, 50 hamsters.....they started with 2. Just a thought...if you want to ecucate your children on the facts of life, rent a dvd.....:twocents:

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    In my experience from working in a pet store, yes, they do breed easily, too easily...we have had numerous situations where the breeding got out of hand and they brought us the "surplus" they couldn't pawn off on classmates, friends, family, total strangers, etc. We had one family bring us 50, yes, 50 hamsters.....they started with 2. Just a thought...if you want to ecucate your children on the facts of life, rent a dvd.....:twocents:
    Are hamsters good eating?

Top Bottom