Another poll (MSNBC). Should you be allowed to carry a gun in public?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hey @actaeon277. Are you aware that you are including a Facebook tracking ID in both of those poll URLs? Any link with fbclid=??? is used to track you around the web. You might want to clip that out of links that you share.

edited.

Is that fixed now?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'd like to see a poll about: should government officials be allowed to violate the constitution and stay in office or the agency of transgression?

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Second poll is now 56% against confiscation. I'm not convinced that those numbers are accurate. After taking the poll, in the lower right hand corner,, you can select "see the breakdown". I cannot make heads or tails out of the poll stats.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Firefox's private browsing does not store any cookies, browsing history or cache files that would normally be stored on your machine. It makes it difficult for someone to examine your browsing history on the machine itself, but doesn't hide your communications from anyone that would be watching network traffic (that is where VPNs come in handy). It is most useful in situations where you share the computer and don't want someone else to see what you've been doing. It is one tool in the privacy toolbox, but I don't use it myself.

[video=youtube_share;OgRaOqinDWY]https://youtu.be/OgRaOqinDWY[/video]

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Firefox's private browsing does not store any cookies, browsing history or cache files that would normally be stored on your machine. It makes it difficult for someone to examine your browsing history on the machine itself, but doesn't hide your communications from anyone that would be watching network traffic (that is where VPNs come in handy). It is most useful in situations where you share the computer and don't want someone else to see what you've been doing. It is one tool in the privacy toolbox, but I don't use it myself.

[video=youtube_share;OgRaOqinDWY]https://youtu.be/OgRaOqinDWY[/video]

I think he eas implying you could vote on the poll multiple times using the private mode, because MSNBC wouldn't recognize each different private session.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Very possible. Very likely MSNBC uses cookies to keep you from voting multiple times. If you start multiple private sessions, you would have no cookie each time you visit and they would not know you previously voted. There are other ways to stop multiple voting, but this technique would often work.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Im not sure why anyone even does these polls. If it goes against their desire, they will not use it. They dont care about the responses because these are not the statistics or polls that they use in their reporting.... this is just a feel good measure. Especially with MsNBC... wasted time

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Im not sure why anyone even does these polls. If it goes against their desire, they will not use it. They dont care about the responses because these are not the statistics or polls that they use in their reporting.... this is just a feel good measure. Especially with MsNBC... wasted time

Because they would FOR SURE trot out that poll as scientific evidence if it showed support for their position. Why give them that?

Top Bottom