• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Ok so I have the money for my stripped reciver. :D. My question is how much would shipping cost for just a reciver? The company I'm buying from is AIM surplus.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    It can't be that much. OP, any reason you don't just go to a local gun shop and buy one there? Many shops carry stripped lowers and some are even site supporters on here.

Where are you located?

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    It can't be that much. OP, any reason you don't just go to a local gun shop and buy one there? Many shops carry stripped lowers and some are even site supporters on here.

Where are you located?
    I'm in Dallas,TX

The gunstore around here is the local range and they dont sell lowers. Then the FFL I ship to sells plum crazy lowers but they are plastic the one i'm buying is metal. The other is academy they don't sell lowers either. I am confused I live in TX but gunshops are not very common around where I live.:dunno:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    you know that is a felony?
    My dad buys (Its my money though) it I get it when I'm 18. Check my thread considering a Ar build. It will clear things up.How do you think I got my mosin, mauser, shotgun, and revolver? I hate going over this question every time

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My dad buys (Its my money though) it I get it when I'm 18. Check my thread considering a Ar build. It will clear things up.How do you think I got my mosin, mauser, shotgun, and revolver? I hate going over this question every time

A straw purchase is still illegal even if the person buying the item for you is your dad.
    You just cannot legally buy a firearm for someone who is underaged.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    A straw purchase is still illegal even if the person buying the item for you is your dad.
    You just cannot legally buy a firearm for someone who is underaged.
    He buys it. Like you know how your dad teaches you how to shoot then buys you a 22lr rifle? Then when I turn 18 he decides to pass it down. Nothing illegal going on. He buys it. He ownes it till im 18. In other words its my gun BUT he ownes it. I would never do anything illegal and never have. Understand now?

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He buys it. Like you know how your dad teaches you how to shoot then buys you a 22lr rifle? Then when I turn 18 he decides to pass it down. Nothing illegal going on. He buys it. He ownes it till im 18. In other words its my gun BUT he ownes it. I would never do anything illegal and never have.

It's different then and I dont think you could call this a straw purchase.
    I just said that because you are the one who came up with that term.

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    If the money is yours and you give it to him to purchase the weapon for you then it is committing a straw purchase which is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison for the purchaser and the person who would actually be taking possession of the said firearm. If you did this on all your other weapons you have committed multiple felonies and you are now talking about it on a public forum. Little advice would be to not talk about crimes you have committed and ones you are planning to commit in the future thats how people get a trip to Club FED.

Last edited:

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    If the money is yours and you give it to him to purchase the weapon for you then it is committing a straw purchase which is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison for the purchaser and the person who would actually be taking possession of the said firearm. If you did this on all your other weapons you have committed multiple felonies and you are now talking about it on a public forum. Little advice would be to not talk about crimes you have committed and ones you are planning to commit in the future thats how people get a trip to Club FED.
    Let me say once again I have read and understand the laws this is a from my thread considering doing a ar15 build.

Now as far as the Straw Arm Sale thing... I was in the same situation when I was under 21 and wanted some handguns. The way I did it was this:
    I paid my mom $XYZ to do my laundry (or fix me dinner, or take me to school, or some other small task that I would normally never pay her for) and then independently, she would decide to buy a gun that I just happen to want and gift it to me.

Now this is completely legal because parents can buy guns for their children and you can own handguns before you turn 21, or rifles before you turn 18 if they were gifted to you. If the gun store asked about who was paying we would always tell them it was all coming out of my mom's pocket and then I would just pay her the equal amount for something else. This kept the gun stores from having to worry, and made everyone happy

(except mom, who wished I would really pay her to do my laundry and make me dinner :) )

Forgot who posted it but there you have it. Come outta my dads pocket not mine I give him the money like the person who posted that. Look above your post slyvain has the right idea NOTHING ILLEGAL IS HAPPENING!!! The weapon is considered a gift. Also how did you own guns when you where a minor if they were not gifts? I have never done anything illegal and never will. I do work for my dad that he think equals a amount of $ then he buys a rifle and hands it down when I'm 18 or 21 for handguns. I know the law. Also if you go to my previouse thread tell the person who posted the above that he commited mulitible felonys. I will say this once more. I will never ever do anything illegal.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom