• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • josh64

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Never pass up jury duty. It's called duty for a reason, that reason being we don't want the courts turned into judge, jury, and executioner like they are in many other countries. I know it's a pain, but not a pain like fighting a civil war while starving, outgunned, and outnumbered. And also cold and wet. There are men and women in uniform laying their lives on the line every day for us, jury duty is the least we can do in return.

IN71vet

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    Noble County, IN
    Never pass up jury duty. It's called duty for a reason, that reason being we don't want the courts turned into judge, jury, and executioner like they are in many other countries. I know it's a pain, but not a pain like fighting a civil war while starving, outgunned, and outnumbered. And also cold and wet. There are men and women in uniform laying their lives on the line every day for us, jury duty is the least we can do in return.

Yes, what he said.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I was a juror twice, once for a small credit card theft case and second I was the foreman on a first degree murder trial. Jury duty can be serious stuff. It was a long, two-part trial and it was an emotional experience for all involved including the jury. A young man repeatedly stabbed his ex-girlfriend in her parents home with other family members as witnesses.

People that blow-off jury duty need to face appropriate consequences.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty. (Quote by - Norm Crosby)

Top Bottom