• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Interesting tactical choice to go for the other guy first, at least, that's what it looked like to me. I guess he was the only one armed.

I'm not familiar with the contemporary fashion in Sao Paolo, but it looked like the closer guy had a thigh rig holster.

Love the way the guy was a cool cucumber while fumbling around for his own wallet. Lulled the baddies into a false sense of security.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Interesting tactical choice to go for the other guy first, at least, that's what it looked like to me. I guess he was the only one armed.

Who's the bigger threat, the guy who can see you or the guy who has to turn around and look for you?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Who's the bigger threat, the guy who can see you or the guy who has to turn around and look for you?

This is me not arguing - you clearly have more insight and have far more training than I. Plus, that means you are closer in qualifications to our Sao Paolo police officer than I am.

But... (and you knew that was coming, right?)... it is hard for me to tell what dude did as he went to the left of the camera. The white jacket dude went running, but it seemed like dude was fixated on his first target and willing to let the counter guy run.

Totally not judging. I've never been anywhere close to that kind of thing and I hope never to be anywhere close to that kind of thing.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    What's with INGO and ambiguous/vague pronouns lately?

The bad guy could've shot the cop in the leg, but the cop played docile and fooled him.

;)

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    Nice.
    Did the guy in white have a gun & did the cashier hit an alarm button when she opened the draw and after she opened it?

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    No telling what audio might have added to the equation. Perhaps the bullet catcher was the more threatening presence of the two. The officer acted in the manner he thought best and nobody but a bad guy got whacked. Ya' gotta' love a happy ending!

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    AS far as I could tell, only the guy on the left was armed (or at least brandishing).

Seems like the logical choice to shoot him. He might have been fixated a little too much on only shooting him (what if 2nd guy at cashied had then pulled), but given the basic info from the video, I'd say he did well.

Like others have said, I'd hope to never be in that situation in the first place, and kudos to the off-duty cop.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    Personally I would have also gone for the guy on the left first. As soon as the shot goes off, the guy on the left could run behind cover of the aisle while the guy in front still remains in plain sight.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Ahhhhhh...yes. Another heartwarming tale of "felons fail at targeting" again. In the never ending game of "it's your money or your life", it is about time the criminal paid the price.

This type of story just warms the cockles of one's heart.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This is me not arguing - you clearly have more insight and have far more training than I. Plus, that means you are closer in qualifications to our Sao Paolo police officer than I am.

But... (and you knew that was coming, right?)... it is hard for me to tell what dude did as he went to the left of the camera. The white jacket dude went running, but it seemed like dude was fixated on his first target and willing to let the counter guy run.

Totally not judging. I've never been anywhere close to that kind of thing and I hope never to be anywhere close to that kind of thing.

The guy in white is in full flight mode. I would let him go, too. I ain't chasing him and he looks like he is fleeing, not repositioning. That would let you keep most of your attention on the guy who was over watch and obviously armed. Down isn't out.

GunSlinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 20, 2011
    Right here.
    The guy in the white jacket didn't have a thigh rig. It is a stripe on his shorts (identical stripe on the other leg). The cop was within two feet of the guy and I'm guessing he did a quick evaluation and saw no visible weapons. Hence the mope with the visible weapon got the cops attention first.

The cop did fire on the white jacket guy just as the mope got to the door, but I couldn't determine whether the cop connected with his target. I would bet a he did considering his first shot.

Excellent work by the cop.

Top Bottom