• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kuhnzoo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2012
    NH
    pinshooter45, clelaj sent me the link to your story. Now I am hooked, too, and I just registered my membership on the INGO website. Thanks for your sharing your creativity.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry for the long delay guys but I've been sick with a really bad cold and have felt like :poop:. the Creative juices just haven't been flowing, and I got stuck. Hope to resume soon just gotta get over this hump, and get feeling better.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    I find a tall glass of crown royal normally gets rid of what ails me and get my mind functioning again.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    We had decided to leave the TV on so we would not miss and new information about the attack on the convoy. Several of my neighbors had donated a little gasoline to my generator to stretch my supply of gas. Some felt it was only right because they were using my freezer to keep their ice jugs frozen and everyone needed theirs re-frozen. We also decided we could build our barricades and obstacles much faster if we used my pneumatic nail gun. And that meant running my air compressor. We agreed on a design that made our creations look like giant Jacks or the ones most everyone remembered from so many WWII movies like the beaches of Normandy on The Longest Day. We also cut up the rest of the downed trees and strategically placed them around the immediate area and stacked them to provide cover to fight from if necessary. We also came up with a plan to place the two old vehicles across the road to block access at night when we were most vulnerable.

We also formulated a watch schedule; we would guard the immediate neighborhood in teams of two. One watcher would be at ground level and the other would be posted in a high position on top of a roof to cover them. I suggested the roof of my garage due to its strategic location; it had a good all-around view of the area, and if someone needed to shoot it would be at a downward angle, lessening the chance of putting a round through a neighbor’s house. In fact we all agreed that it would be a good idea for all of us to build a makeshift sniper’s hide in some high position such as a roof or tree. I remember listening to Sun Tzu’s Art of War and he always advocated being on the high ground. Well trees and roof tops were the best we could do.
    I also took a little time to begin the layout of my pet project with the copper pipes. And trying to get a sense of how I was going to make every piece work. I paid special attention to the Smoker. I tried to figure out the best way to adapt it for my purpose. It was going to be a patchwork of different parts and my main concern was how to make the fitting on the bottom leak-proof, after all it was not designed to hold liquids. I needed to install a valve on the bottom of the smoker, and then another at the other end of the run. But my work was interrupted by the sound of a loud engine coming down from the north end of the street.

I laid my work down and stepped out of my garage to see an old beat up Chevy pickup truck pulling in to the house on the north side of mine, the renters were back! I recognized the father in the passenger seat. But I did not know the guy driving the truck nor did I recognize the two others standing up in the bed directly behind the cab. I figured he had come back with his “Cuz” as he promised to retrieve the rest of their belongings from the wrecked house. As they approached the driveway they went past it and backed in and brought the truck to a stop near the front of the house. As I observed the two guys in the bed of the truck, they appeared to be nervously scanning the entire area. The bed of the truck was partially full of several items mostly covered by a tarp, but I noticed the upper corner of a corrugated box sticking out from under the tarp and I could see 52’’ printed on it. That immediately raised a red flag in my mind. So I began to look around the neighborhood to see if any of my friends were still around, but it was late in the day and everyone had returned home to rest after building our defenses. I was alone.

The father jumped out followed by the driver, I gave them both a wave to try to show I was not concerned about them or the two jittery guys in the bed of the truck. “Looks like you all’s been busy” said the father pointing to the fortifications we had built. I thought for a moment as to how I should respond then said “Yeah we decided to beef things up a little around here, because we heard about some violence downtown” trying to not reveal too much about what we had experienced lately. The father and his companion also began to scan the area as they looked around. “Yeah man we had some trouble on the way over here, some dudes tried to shoot up my truck” the driver said as he pointed to some bullet holes in his truck that I had previously not noticed. I moved out a little farther on my driveway and put my Mustang between me and them and checked the .45 on my hip, because I noticed the butts of two weapons protruding from under the tarp right next the two guys in the back. “We’re going to get the rest of our stuff and get outta town man, it’s getting too crazy to stay” the father said as he and his companion went into the house.

I wanted to keep an eye on the two guys standing in the back of the truck. Their story could be true because I knew things had gotten bad, but I had become real cautious over the last couple of days. So I began to acting like I was working on my Mustang to have an excuse to remain outside. I also looked around again to see if anyone had come out to see what was going on, no one else was out. I decided after a few minutes I should retreat to my house. I could still see what was going on through my windows, and could more easily get to a better weapon just in case. But before I could even get one step the pair came back out of the house. With a couple of packed garbage bags that the placed in the bed of the truck then leaning on the tailgate the father said “Hey dude you do a lot of shoot’n don’t you?” That really set my radar off! “No not really” I said trying to deflect the question. “Yeah you do, I seen you leave plenty of times with a bunch of guns, and I really like that pistol on your hip!” he said as he drew a hand gun from under the tarp and started towards me. I had a real sick feeling in the pit of my stomach as I felt for the grip of my 1911. The father said “Don’t fraking move you mutherfraker I want all your fraking guns!”

I knew I was in deep doo doo now with no options, because at the same time the two guys in the back of the truck quickly reached under the tarp and brought out two AK’s and pointed in my direction! “Get your fraking hands away from that gun!” the father shouted at me. I had no choice but to comply. The father continued to approach me and I began to think this was going to be it, I had left myself vulnerable and now I was going to pay for my mistake. The father was close to half way to me to where I stood when I heard the distinct sound a pump shotgun racking a round into the chamber! “I think you boys should reconsider what you are about to do unless you want to meet the Lord today” came the familiar voice of my neighbor Jim who lived in the house on the other side of them. He froze in his tracks. I drew a sigh of relief. But I looked into his eyes and knew he was still thinking he might still get what he came for. I stared at him fiercely as I slowly reached for my 45. I knew what he was thinking three against two with only one gun pointed in their direction, and possibly a forth because the father was blocking my view of his partner I did not know if he also had a weapon. Everyone was frozen and there was a deathly silence for several moments, except for the occasional chirping of a bird. We all were contemplating what our next move was going to be when the sound of another shotgun being racked broke the silence. It was Gary walking across the street with his shotgun! “I’d do what my friend has suggested” he said. Then from behind me I heard the side door open, and my wife came out with her M4 pointing directly at the father. “Don’t you threaten MY husband you scum bag!” she said, as she walked up and stuck the muzzle under his chin. I quickly drew my weapon to back her up. Thank God for neighbors and wives I thought!

They had no choice but to comply as Gary ordered them to drop their weapons. “What are you going to do to us” asked one of the guys in the truck, kill us?” “Well it’s quite obvious that’s what you were probably going to do to Mike” said Gary with a burning stare. I walked over as quickly as possible to the father and disarmed him for good measure. Then before I knew what was going to happen my wife flipped her M4 over smashed the butt end into the fathers jaw and he dropped to the ground like a rag doll. “That’s for pointing a gun at my Husband!” she shouted at him. I looked at her and smiled, I had taught her right!

I then proceeded to disarm the rest of them grabbing the two AKs from the accomplices in the truck and a Smith & Wesson 59 from the driver. I then searched the truck for any ammo that they had and found about 200rnds for the AKs and a couple of boxes of .40 Cal and .357’s for the handguns. “You going to leave us completely unarmed?” said the driver. “You don’t think we’re going to let you leave here with weapons just so you can come back and shoot up the neighborhood do you” said Gary. “Man it’s dangerous out there and…” “You should have thought about that before you decided to rob me” I said. “You can keep you TV’s and video games they’re of no use to us.” I interrupted. “Damn man we won’t get more than a couple of miles before someone tries to git at us” said the driver. “That’s not our problem” said Gary. “Your damn lucky were letting you leave here with your lives!” “Now why don’t you come over here and pick up your dirt bag friend over here and get moving!”

The driver came over and helped the father up who was still on the ground in a daze wondering what day it was while we kept them covered. He helped him to the truck and put him in the passenger side then went around to the driver’s side and nervously got in as he kept looking at all of us. He wasted no time starting the truck and drove out of the driveway, as one of the guys in the back shouted “We’ll be back you Mutherfrakers”. Gary pointed his shotgun down the road at them and peppered the tailgate with buckshot as if to say we’ll be ready for you. Then the four of us met in the center of the renters yard, and I said “I think we really should take them at their word, l think we should call neighborhood meeting and come up with some more contingencies.”

Sorry it took so long, just had trouble getting the words out. Writers block I guess. But I think I'm back on track!

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Subbed. Don't know why it took me so long. But I just read the whole thing from start to finish, this ringing in my ears is killing me when I try to watch TV, so reading was a good choice.

MangoTango

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    This is excellent writing, so vivid. Just read from the beginning to now. Wow, only bummer now is I have to wait for installments. Keep it coming, I am subscribed.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Got to do a little research for the next episode to keep it somewhat realistic. This won't be as long of interval because I know what I want to do, I just want it to be based on some realistic things. Hoping to have it posted by the end of the weekend.

Top Bottom