><(((((*>
    joker-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Why does it have grip tape on the slide? The stipple is as ugly as my limited gun, but the pattern is excellent for gloves or sweaty palms. But why grip tape the slide? Holsters are expensive

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    The OEM serration isn't enough for me to get a good grip. It's about practicality, right? I don't alter my Wilson Combat, heck, I'm even afraid to take out of the safe. But this is a fun gun that didn't cost much.
    Why does it have grip tape on the slide? The stipple is as ugly as my limited gun, but the pattern is excellent for gloves or sweaty palms. But why grip tape the slide? Holsters are expensive

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Tough crowd eh?
    I have to agree with most of what has been stated already.
    That thing looks like :poop:

I suppose I will see it on Armslist sometime soon?

I'm reading the ad in my head now:

For trade ONLY, do your homework and don't lowball me.
    I'm interested in your LWRC, Bravo Co. or Daniel Defense AR + CASH on your end.
    All parts professionally installed, by a Glock Armorer!

Am I close???

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    There's more plastic there than you think, and some spots are thicker than others. As you know, you don't want to crank your dremel full speed because the heat will melt instead of sand it. But it's therapeutic, isn't it, to make it fit YOUR hands.
    I've only worked up the nerve to do a slight undercut on a G19 with a dremel drum which fit perfectly.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not knocking anyone's "customizing," but a lot of the reason I switched to Glock a few years back was to be able to effectively run the platform. While I certainly appreciate a little better trigger, sights and grip texture, but I wouldn't want to get too far from picking up anyone's Glock and doing well with it.

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Perfectly fair and reasonable enough.
    I don't plan on using anyone else's firearm myself. When I did that, I tend to go buy them. That's how I ended up with a Sig P229 Legion and a Wilson Combat. So my wife said "No more trying somebody else's gun."
    Not knocking anyone's "customizing," but a lot of the reason I switched to Glock a few years back was to be able to effectively run the platform. While I certainly appreciate a little better trigger, sights and grip texture, but I wouldn't want to get too far from picking up anyone's Glock and doing well with it.

Top Bottom