• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Alright, you convinced me, I took them off. Embarrassed to say, I've never worked a day of manual labor in my life, my hands are slippery and dry like a baby's bottom. So I just use grit tape for many things, just out of paranoia. Now that I took it off, it's pretty easy to rack. I've put tape on my other dozens handguns as well, I should've bought stock in Talon.
    :horse: how hard do you need to grip the slide?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Alright, you convinced me, I took them off. Embarrassed to say, I've never worked a day of manual labor in my life, my hands are slippery and dry like a baby's bottom. So I just use grit tape for many things, just out of paranoia. Now that I took it off, it's pretty easy to rack. I've put tape on my other dozens handguns as well, I should've bought stock in Talon.

I'm a mechanic and always have baby's a&* smooth hands. It is because they are so clammy all the f'n time. Hold the slide and push the frame rather than try and pull the slide.

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Oh I push and pull. It's not that I'm grandmother weak; it's just I want more leverage under stress. Plus I have several short barrel Kahrs and those damn things are killers to manipulate the slide. So I just threw tape on them.
    I'm a mechanic and always have baby's a&* smooth hands. It is because they are so clammy all the f'n time. Hold the slide and push the frame rather than try and pull the slide.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I've been on the fence all week about getting a gen4 or gen5 G19. I sold my last gen4 with a Lone Wolf trigger...and I'm thinking of just doing a replacement. But the gen5 might be the way to go.

Decisions, decisions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Oh I push and pull. It's not that I'm grandmother weak; it's just I want more leverage under stress. Plus I have several short barrel Kahrs and those damn things are killers to manipulate the slide. So I just threw tape on them.
    I have to say this for the OP. He posted a thread (fairly new member with very few posts) and we all jumped in joking around about it and he took it well and joked along with us. I think he deserves a lot of credit. It looks like he should fit in fine around here.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have to say this for the OP. He posted a thread (fairly new member with very few posts) and we all jumped in joking around about it and he took it well and joked along with us. I think he deserves a lot of credit. It looks like he should fit in fine around here.

Agreed... and as soon as he stops killing innocent Glocks, he'll be one of us.

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Well, thanks for saying that. I usually don't take things too seriously. After all, it's a firearm, it's just a tool. Folks may not have the same taste of preference I do, but noone is attacking me. It's all good. I've played with firearms for a while now and still go to the range at lunch 3, 4 times a week to work on the fundamentals or try out new gadgets. I also understand the audience. In Glock forums, those guys think what I've done is really cool. Of course, I take those positive comments with a grain of salt as well. In the end, if you guys say things that improve my game, I'm willing to apply those suggestions.... And I'll probably run across some of you at the Indy 1500 this weekend. I'll be the one with the ugly Glock.

Last edited:

quangtran1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 18, 2017
    Indiana
    Get the gen5 and I'll stipple it for you.
    I've been on the fence all week about getting a gen4 or gen5 G19. I sold my last gen4 with a Lone Wolf trigger...and I'm thinking of just doing a replacement. But the gen5 might be the way to go.

Decisions, decisions.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    Not knocking anyone's "customizing," but a lot of the reason I switched to Glock a few years back was to be able to effectively run the platform. While I certainly appreciate a little better trigger, sights and grip texture, but I wouldn't want to get too far from picking up anyone's Glock and doing well with it.

After studying a lot of the aftermarket triggers and finding them to make the gun less safe (many cheat the internal safeties), I have no interest in aftermarket triggers though there are a few safe ones out there.

I did do sights and connectors on all my Glocks, but after seeing aftermarket connectors fail (or the gun fire doubles etc), I now only do sights.

Haven't messed with the grip much on my Gen 5s. Maybe sometime if I find a local outfit that does good work.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Well, thanks for saying that. I usually don't take things too seriously. After all, it's a firearm, it's just a tool. Folks may not have the same taste of preference I do, but noone is attacking me. It's all good. I've played with firearms for a while now and still go to the range at lunch 3, 4 times a week to work on the fundamentals or try out new gadgets. I also understand the audience. In Glock forums, those guys think what I've done is really cool. Of course, I take those positive comments with a grain of salt as well. In the end, if you guys say things that improve my game, I'm willing to apply those suggestions.... And I'll probably run across some of you at the Indy 1500 this weekend. I'll be the one with the ugly Glock.
    I'm a glock guy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Don’t know why the hate for grippy tape, I use it on all my G’s. Holsters are cheap comparatively, and I buy good ones. Grip tape helps me with positive grip when my mitts are wet, I can do racks off of my pants leg for one handed manipulations, I even use the granular Talon Grips on a couple of pistols?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is one I did several years ago now. Theres so many different patterns and methods that can be used and they all will totaly change the look and feel of the gun. I am getting ready to do one for myself with a gen5. I havent decided exactly which method or pattern I'm going with yet, but being able to do it yourself saves a lot of money. Just go slow. There is no rush. If you rush you will make mistakes and some mistakes are hard to correct. I see the flaws in my own work anyways, especialy when I screw up (in anything I do)
    JJzYZjh.jpg

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    This is one I did several years ago now. Theres so many different patterns and methods that can be used and they all will totaly change the look and feel of the gun. I am getting ready to do one for myself with a gen5. I havent decided exactly which method or pattern I'm going with yet, but being able to do it yourself saves a lot of money. Just go slow. There is no rush. If you rush you will make mistakes and some mistakes are hard to correct. I see the flaws in my own work anyways, especialy when I screw up (in anything I do)
    JJzYZjh.jpg
    Wowza, some of those look scary deep? I dig the fish scaley type of pattern, maybe it’s the light, but some just look at the edge of puncture? I’ve yet to get the balls to stipple one of mine, hence the Talon Grips, when I decided to have one done, I found out Phylodog wasn’t doing them anymore!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Wowza, some of those look scary deep? I dig the fish scaley type of pattern, maybe it’s the light, but some just look at the edge of puncture? I’ve yet to get the balls to stipple one of mine, hence the Talon Grips, when I decided to have one done, I found out Phylodog wasn’t doing them anymore!
    Na those arent deep at all. Just the way it looks. A lot of the profession ones you see they first remove a lot of the surface material before even starting the stipple. On the gen3 vs gen4 there are.a couple spots where the material isn't as thick and you shouldn't do certain mods for the 4's that you could do on the 3. I didnt do any of those on that one pictured. Some sites will straight up tell you which mods they wont do on the newer glocks vs older. Phylo did great work from all the ones I ever saw of his. I wish I would have had him do one for me.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I always wanted to have one bobtailed, but never had the gumption to go through with it...

here's one from Coldbore's site that is bobtailed

Bobtail1.jpg

Top Bottom