• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I have read plenty of posts on this site about people who have had issues with OC and CC in certain places. Since word of mouth is the best way to make or break a business, I think it would be good to get a list going of businesses who are anti-2A.

Please list if you were OC or CC along with the name/location of the business and a brief outline of what happened.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Mr. Penguin, a tux shop, in Anderson is anti. They have a sign in there office that says no guns allowed. I'm renting 9 tuxes from their competitor.

Be sure to contact them to let them know this. I'm sure that you'll get the "so what" attitude but if they hear it enough they might change their policy.

What?

It could happen!!!

Really.

It could:dunno:

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Portillo's took down the sign saying "firearms prohibited." They may not have changed official policy, but the sign was gone as of a couple months ago.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    Exactly, the sign came down but the policy remains.

I don't eat there.

This is what I got back a few months ago:

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your email. While we understand and appreciate that you want to protect yourself, we are concerned that other persons may not have proper weapon training or may use the weapon in the heat of an argument. Unfortunately, we have had several arguments between different customers where the police were called to intervene. Since our managers are trained in how to run a restaurant and not police work, we feel that this is the best solution for both our customers and staff.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will reconsider and simply leave your firearm in your car when you visit our establishment.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sincerely[/FONT][FONT=&quot],[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Kerry L. Martin[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Guest Services[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Portillo Restaurant Group[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]2001 Spring Road, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Suite 500[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Oak Brook, IL60523[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](630) 954-3773 Ph.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](630) 684-0414 Fax[/FONT]

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    You folks do realize that no guns allowed signs carry no weight of law? Concealed means concealed. All they can ask you to do is leave. Have some "no guns/no money" business cards printed up and give it to them when you are asked to leave.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    fwacfred, many people like to know who 'prohibits' firearms so that they can voice their disapproval by spending money at a competing, firearms-friendly establishment.

I don't think anyone here is under the illusion that you could be arrested simply because you had a gun in a store with a 'no-firearms' sign.

To add:
    Tuchman Cleaners in Indianapolis/Carmel
    Value City Furniture
    Costco Indianapolis
    Simon Malls
    Any Hospital is going to have that sign

UIndyKenneth

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Kokomo, IN
    Simon Malls
    Any Hospital is going to have that sign

As for Simon Malls. I've been in there doing the ol' CC and had no encounters. I even have stopped and chatted with the security before, but they didn't know I had it. I sometimes find it funny how they put the signs up. I sometimes feel like a :mallninja:.

Although most hospital's have this sign, I'm fairly certain I haven't seen the "no firearms allowed" emblem or sign posted anywhere at the entrances to Howard Regional Hospital in Kokomo. A relative of mine works there and I drop by from time to time randomly. Most of the time I CC because I am already doing so. The other hospital in Kokomo, St. Joseph Hospital, does have a little handgun with a line through it pictured on their doors.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    This is what I got back a few months ago:

Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will reconsider and simply leave your firearm in your car when you visit our establishment.

Sincerely,
    Kerry L. Martin
    Guest Services
    The Portillo Restaurant Group
    2001 Spring Road, Suite 500
    Oak Brook, IL60523
    (630) 954-3773 Ph.
    (630) 684-0414 Fax

They're in Illinois. What did you expect?

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    VCF, really?

Yep, it's posted right next to the 'Hours of Operation' sticker on the front doors of all their stores.
    VCF is about the only business that I intentionally avoid purely for that reason.

All St. Vincent Hospitals (and their satellite offices) in Indianapolis/Carmel have signs declaring 'no guns in here' ... didn't stop me once.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I have yet to be bugged for OC yet, and I've done so at walmart, methodist downtown, and costco, thus far I think they just assumed I was off duty LEO, dressing nice and a glock will do that I suppose

Top Bottom