• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Methodist Occupational health clinic on Post Rd doesn't like OC either.
    I had to go there for a random drug test for my job , I was off the clock on my own time , and had a Glock 23 on my belt , they made me take off my coat (winter time) and when she saw the gun , she told me I had to leave and take that "thing" out in my car and lock it up or they'd call the police.
    The worst part of it was they called my boss and told him I was carrying a gun , when he confronted me , I simply ask him if I was on his property or was I on the clock , and since he answered no to both I kind of rudely told him he didn't want to go there.
    We now have a understanding, he understands I carry a gun , and I understand he doesn't want to know about it.:rockwoot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    because i was with a friend who was CC'ing there, but i guess he was showing alittle when his jacket blew open (hes also a police officer) and they rushed him like he was a terrorist. lol. thought they were gonna jump on him and then we were gonna have to hurt one of em. one of the rent a cops told him that they dont even allow LEO's to carry even concealed. anyways, this was afew years ago, but im sure they havent decided to suddenly allow guns. the ones we dealt with seemed like they barely had gradumicated high school, lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If anyone knows of a place in or near Anderson IN please let me know so I can go their to "verify". LOL
    Anderson and Muncie hospitals, and the Muncie Mall is a Simon Mall Property so they are definitely anti-gun. Mall security is supposed to ask you to leave or take your firearm to your car if they see you. I never carried there because I basically never went to the mall, so I never had any trouble.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    Anderson and Muncie hospitals, and the Muncie Mall is a Simon Mall Property so they are definitely anti-gun. Mall security is supposed to ask you to leave or take your firearm to your car if they see you. I never carried there because I basically never went to the mall, so I never had any trouble.

I barely conceal carry at all 3 :shady: (Munice Mall and Ball Hospital just last week) all the time. I've never LOOKED for the signs and have never seen the signs (not that it would matter). The Anderson Mall is the same but just CC and those rental cop morons :n00b: have no idea what to look for! :nuts:

ZM19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2010
    Elkhart
    Cirilla's :wwub: on the south side of Indy is anti-2A

I was asked to leave before my girlfriend and I could even enter the store.

PM66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Crumstown, IN
    As for Simon Malls. I've been in there doing the ol' CC and had no encounters. I even have stopped and chatted with the security before, but they didn't know I had it. I sometimes find it funny how they put the signs up. I sometimes feel like a :mallninja:.

Although most hospital's have this sign, I'm fairly certain I haven't seen the "no firearms allowed" emblem or sign posted anywhere at the entrances to Howard Regional Hospital in Kokomo. A relative of mine works there and I drop by from time to time randomly. Most of the time I CC because I am already doing so. The other hospital in Kokomo, St. Joseph Hospital, does have a little handgun with a line through it pictured on their doors.

I believe University Park Mall in Mishawaka is a Simon Mall, and they have their no gun rule posted near the restrooms. Since I don't use the restroom, I didn't see the rule:dunno:
    CC there all the time.

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    I applaud your business cards and what they represent. Just for the moment I'm going to pretend I'm one of those business owners and play devil's advocate.

I don't really know what's going through their minds when they announce that firearms are not welcome. Are they personally afraid of guns, think that their customers are, have had a bad experience with someone carrying a gun, are gun control fanatics? I just don't know. Perhaps it's in response to some of their customers' wishes.

Now, you've left your card or spoken to them about their policy. Is it possible that inside their head they're saying "good riddance"? Or are they thinking, "well I lost that guy, but I've gained a lot more customers due to the sign, so I don't care." Or is it "I expected you to leave your gun in the car and then we'd just all get along."

What bothers me about this is the same thing that bothers me about celebrities who wear their political affiliation on their sleeves. Why make an issue out of something that's legal?!! Just go about your business and leave your personal views at home.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    DCR it's all about education and changing the "public's view" on guns. Go back 50 years and it was a common sit for a kid to take his .22 long gun to school for show n tell, or to go hunting/plinking afterwards. There was no free of the tool. Yet somewhere, someone got the idea that the tool is evil and must be bansihed and thus the stem to "educate" the public to fear the tool.

By XDs4me bring the topic to the attention of the biz owner he brings the topic of the tool to the open and a dialogue can be made. Look @ starbucks they allow OC in CA (CA of all places!!!) and are OK with it! The libs are up in arms about it yet normal people who viist Starbucks are Ok with it.

Each time one of us brings it up to the open we re-educate the public on showing that a firearm is nothing more than a tool and it by itself can not harm anyone. It's no better than a hammer, car, crow bar, etc in terms of when it is left alone. (GLOCKs do not count in this as they go BOOM! just by looking at them.)

Now you may think well it's only a few of us doing this so nothing will change then think of this.

No matter how much the wind howls, the mountain cannot bow to it.
    However move a grain of salt at a time and the mountain will eventually bow.

Mini-Baby Steps is what it takes to change the perseption. It have taken 50+ years for Americans to fear the firearm it will take that long or much longer to change it back.

Top Bottom