• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    App is garbage....I tried to add a location and it wouldn't let me...
    I didn't have longitude/latitude,and it asks if I still ant to upload....yes....then it Just showed error code....

I'm sorry to hear of the inconvenience this caused you. The webserver we used to interface with the main database went down on Sunday. I spent most of the day Sunday and all evening last night re-coding part of the webservice and porting it to a different server. I also changed the apps (both iPhone and Android) to point to the new server. I submitted the iPhone version to Apple last night and uploaded the Android version first thing this morning. I just received word that my emergency request for approval from Apple was granted, and the updated version of the iPhone app has now gone live. The corrected version is 1.2.1 for iPhone and 1.0.1 for Android. Please try it again and let me know if you still see any issues.

I also re-activated the backup plan, so the app will email me to input the location through a backend process if any submission attempt fails twice in a row.

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I've been having a problem on my Android. When I enter any type of location or use the "nearby" option, the list of places is blank, and when I select map, there is no map. It is just a blank grid. I have the updated version of the app. If you need any of my phones info, just PM me. I really want this app to work!!:)

m waller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    With a no gun sign on the door, if i dissarm and enter do they legally assume responsibility of my safety.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    With a no gun sign on the door, if i dissarm and enter do they legally assume responsibility of my safety.

No.
    They also don't force you to go on their property.
    The 2nd Amend is a limitation on the govt., not individuals.
    It also is not a guarantee of safety.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I've been having a problem on my Android. When I enter any type of location or use the "nearby" option, the list of places is blank, and when I select map, there is no map. It is just a blank grid. I have the updated version of the app. If you need any of my phones info, just PM me. I really want this app to work!!:)

I fixed that problem that was affecting certain devices on Android. The new release was put into production yesterday. Please try it again, and let me know if you still see any issues.

vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    The only problem i see is when places change management. Example the place i would get my hair cut didn't want guns. Later it was managed by an ex cop who wanted everyone to have a gun. He then moved to another store and the new lady again hated guns.

Is there a way to remove an establishment once it has been marked?

CEOs and whatnot change from time to time as well as policies and procedures

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    The only problem i see is when places change management. Example the place i would get my hair cut didn't want guns. Later it was managed by an ex cop who wanted everyone to have a gun. He then moved to another store and the new lady again hated guns.

Is there a way to remove an establishment once it has been marked?

Yes. Sometimes management changes, or sometimes they finally "see the light". To remove a location, just click the "Update" button and note that the location is no longer posted. We've had a couple of locations taken off the "Anti-Gun" list that way.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Updated version came out today! It now includes ability to save user data for easier adding of locations, as well as "Top 10" recognition. Updated version is live both for Android and iPhone.

All updates are free for anyone who has previously downloaded the app.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Updated version came out today! It now includes ability to save user data for easier adding of locations, as well as "Top 10" recognition. Updated version is live both for Android and iPhone.

All updates are free for anyone who has previously downloaded the app.

Any app yet for the blackberry? just curious, understand if its not. Thanks

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Any app yet for the blackberry? just curious, understand if its not. Thanks
    At this time, there is no version for Blackberry; only iPhone and Android. I do plan on adding a "bare bones" web version for those without smartphones, but it will have more limited functionality, and won't be until later this fall.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have had no problems with the app. It needs more up dates as far as anti locations. I am guilty for not sending more locations to the author off the app. Sorry you are having problems with it. I think it will be a great app if more people send in anti locations.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I heard even if they posted no firearms u are still leagaly allowed to carted in there is this true I'd not what happens if u get caught

That's fine if you want to give your hard earn money too someone that does not believe you have a right to defend your self but I will not. You are right a no firearm sign holds no weight of the law.

Taylor1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    indianapolis
    I cc my gun everywhere idc if they have it posted unless its a government building or school I was just curious If there was any legal problems I'd face if I did carry when they ask not to

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I cc my gun everywhere idc if they have it posted unless its a government building or school I was just curious If there was any legal problems I'd face if I did carry when they ask not to

You need to look on INGO and find where you legally can't carry (types of public places). Make sure to pay attention to the people that quote the Indiana Code. You can then verify. Don't just take someone off the internet's advice without verification.

Also. On private property, that includes businesses, if you are asked to leave, and you don't, that becomes tresspassing.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

It depends greatly by state. In Indiana, the signs aregenerally considered "unenforceable". E.g. as long as you leave ifasked, you won’t be in legal trouble. But if you cross over the border and do so in Ohio, you can be chargedfor that same scenario.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It depends greatly by state. In Indiana, the signs aregenerally considered "unenforceable". E.g. as long as you leave ifasked, you won’t be in legal trouble. But if you cross over the border and do so in Ohio, you can be chargedfor that same scenario.

App crashes on my iphone...running iOS6.0

Top Bottom