• ...and so much more!
  • ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville

I am “guilty” of that! I would like to find a way to re-phrase the sign. I am a firm believer that you should be able to conceal carry “almost” anywhere. HOWEVER…. Even with the sign, I can not begin to tell you how many times a person has pulled out a“loaded” gun for a holster fit, or to show us their new (loaded) gun, or pulls out a loaded gun to see what we would allow on trade, I have a hand full of ammo I have removed from traded and consigned guns!!! The intent of the sign is NOT to deprive anyone of their right or freedom to carry…. It is for myself, my employee’s, and my customers safety from (preventable) accidents. I hope setting in a restaurant or walking through a store you or others don’t have agun out (loaded or not) pointing it around like what happens in a gun shop. I thought that if I posted a sign that stated “If you are stupid, inconsiderate,and irresponsible… unload your gun” may also offend someone? As a FFL dealer and as “person” I feel the need to be responsible, and put every ones safety first! I would much rather lose a few sales than one life, I don’t need the money that bad! How many gun shows do you go to that either states “No Loaded Guns” and or an officer checking for loaded guns? Should we boycott gun shows? If you plan to leave your gun holstered, I have no problem at all with you leaving your gun loaded. Unfortunately, not “everyone” that has a gun permit has common sense or is responsible. A lot of gun shops have had accidental discharges, I hope not to be one of them. Thanks for your understanding, Randy

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    I am “guilty” of that! I would like to find a way to re-phrase the sign.

"All loaded firearms MUST remain holstered" is an excellent alternative, and one I can respect.

Like your own experience says, the "no loaded firearms" sign doesn't work. Its no different than the restaurant that has the no guns sign. They just want a safe environment, too, and mistakenly believe that the sign will help provide it.

It gives me the choice of either ignoring your rules for your property, which is disrespectful IMO, or leaving my gun in the car, which I won't do. What I will do is shop online or drive the extra distance to the gun shops that don't have the blanket "no loaded firearms" sign.

As for gun shows, I do boycott gun shows. I haven't been to one in probably 10 years, not since I learned you could buy brass online.

Spike_351

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Scott County
    Dont know if anyone has noticed, but Knob Creek Gun Range is listed in the app as being Anti-Gun because of a No Loaded Firearms sign. Would someone care to explain a range that doesn't allow loaded firearms? am i to throw my gun at the target?

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    "All loaded firearms MUST remain holstered"

"All loaded firearms MUST remain holstered" is a good idea. Thanks!

Idon’t boycott the gun shows because of their no loaded gun policy, I really believe with that many people and that many guns, that is the safest way to do it.
    And I would have missed some good buys, and a day of enjoyment! Sometimes we cut off our own nose.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Does this ap include gun stores that say "no loaded guns inside"?

Yep, it includes those locations.

"All loaded firearms MUST remain holstered" is an excellent alternative, and one I can respect.

That is a great sign idea for a range or gunshop! Such a sign would not be considered "Posted" IMO. It gives the customer a choice. If they are there to try on a new holster or to trade in a gun, they know to unload it before getting there (although it should also be common sense.) But if they're just shopping for a new gun, they don't have to disarm and unload their CCW firearm.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    As an update: When the app was updated last month, all the "Pro-gun" locations from InGunOwners Forum were added for IN. The app now includes both anti-gun posted businesses and pro-gun (or at least neutral) alternatives to take your business instead.

Top Bottom