• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    probaly late here but i have Chrons disease and i was hospitalised with it on february for 6 weeks. What helped me get better was the remicade infusion. I had 3 over a period of 4 months and am now able to control it with bentyl and prednisone(wich in the next few weeks i hope to be able to supplement with something not so hard on the body). I am 21 and i am an Infantryman in the National Guard and befor these treatments i was bad. When out in the field i carried an e-tool on my gear in case i needed to use a bush much to the immusement of some of the other members who were not well informed about the issue.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    OK, I read through this thread because my wife shows/deals with some symptoms of the problem. We know dairy is a no-no, but it's not just dairy. Good info and I feel for all of you who suffer with it.

I also gleaned some other info that's very useful and I plan to use soon. These include, in no particular order:

I think I have it. Ive had some real photo finishes.

:laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a byproduct of all the man made crap that is now in our food. I don't trust crap like Splenda either.

Ah, now I get it "Splenda is.....crap!":eek::puke:

WHAM! RED ALERT!...epic explosions.

:lmfao:

I don't discount that either. Today, we overuse disinfectants. Everywhere you go, you see people using germx and other crap.

Doh! "Purell is....crap!":eek:

All jokes aside......I got gass they got sick. Yeah that was mild to me I didnt even get gass from that.

Good info:D

I have seen guys literally running hot to get to a crapper...Nothing like breaking out in a cold sweat, white knuckling the steering wheel, praying to please not get a call on the way to do the violent biscuits n gravy extraction.

You know it is real bad when you dont trust a sneeze anymore.

:laugh::laugh:

I can't deal with SHARTS, high hurdles, or turtle heading.............

Where I'm from...we call it "Turbo Duke(ing)" and if you are a rich man you have a Turbo 2000 toilet! :):

Not only have I gained knowledge to help my wife from this thread, my vocabulary for such matters has increased 5 fold:laugh::laugh:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Out of curiosity, do you have a porta potty in your trunk?

Just kidding, I'm sure it a pita to deal with and I've never heard such thing until now.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Might try using " Standard Process " brand " Gastro-Fiber " #4615. Check health food stores, or Chiropractors. :twocents:

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    99% sure I have Chrons. The worst part is changing your diet. I love eating good steaks and I may never eat another steak again. On top of Chrons I have sever out so no pork and alot of other foods I love.

Broken back
    Plantars facitis
    Out
    Chrons
    All in the last two years! Makes it tough to get anything done.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Might try using " Standard Process " brand " Gastro-Fiber " #4615. Check health food stores, or Chiropractors. :twocents:

Yep. I've been dealing with it for most of my life. A real pain in the A$$.
    I don't have IBS issues, but I know someone who does. They say the above works. Give it a try, $25 / bottle, 150 count, 2 tabs per meal. And as I have said before, " A tablespoon isn't much, unless it's in your shorts ". Just trying to help out here.:rockwoot:

Chaz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 1, 2011
    Sorry, I didn't read the whole thread but, I use a Homeopath in Cincinnati. His name is Dr.Pitman. There may be a Homepath around you guys that you could look into. I could give you LOTS of personal scenerio's as well as friend's scenerio's that he has either fixed or helped with.
    Homeopathy is over 200 years old and there are more Homeopaths in Europe than regular MD's........ so I am told.
    Check it out.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Yup. Im still missing a pair of socks. All joking aside. Interesting connection about the nerves and the IBS. I've been told that a lot. Becoming a LEO - well the nerves will just have to be on over drive all the time. So the IBS is the one that is going to have to take a back seat.
    Been there, done that. Left nearly my whole wardrobe in ChinaMart one nite. Went to a Gastrointerologist in Evv. He did a colonoscopy and trimmed some polyps and prescribed Colestipol. Big dam tabs but they sure do work. Been OK ever since.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    Been IBS free for almost 8+ months. Stopped eating store bought mean (all steaks etc) and any thing else with sodium phosphate or sodium nitrate added to it. Took about a month to calm things down but Im good to go!

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    What say you? Yay or nay?
    What have you done to help you out along the way?
    Mine has been getting progressively worse as I have gotten older. Now that I am faced with a dream job - a chance of a life time - my IBS is what is holding me back.
    Thanks for all the advice guys & gals...

I suspect that there was a mass outbreak among UK fans yesterday evening! :laugh:

Top Bottom