• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    I've seen a ton of does in brown county. Just wondering if anyone has seen any bucks starting to move during shooting hours.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    My buddy killed one Friday it wasnt chanse any of the does he was seeing at the same time.
    I seen a nice one Sunday morning with no does around

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I have passed 6 bucks up since opening day and thats not hunting the past 3 weekends. They're out there. Prooblem is I haven't seen the "right" buck.

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    I passed 2 bucks this last weekend - haven't seen any but little ones. Hopefully I'll see something decent once the rut kicks in.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Their starting to could be the fact that they were combining the bean field that day though. I had 2 come in 40 yds behind me in a thicket. They stepped out 30 minutes before dark, one was the one I was looking for but there was a dead cedar between us. never offered a shot.
    Hunted again yesterday morning, hoping they would finish harvesting that field ,but it never happened. Still saw one buck, Basket rack. At the same time I could hear some grunting behind me up the ridge.
    This is better action than the last time I hunted this stand. Hadnt seen any thing there a week ago. Also noticed he had freshened up a scrape down by the creek.
    Anyway,things are starting to pick up. Seeing more deer an

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I hadn't seen any until Saturday. The deer are starting to roam more around the woods in my area and eat acorns.

Had a small 5-point chase the doe I shot out into the clearing I was hunting. A few hours later a 8 point came wandering by 10 yards within my stand. He was making scrapes and rubs down the path I was hunting. I think things are starting to heat up.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm thinking pre-rut is pretty close. Actually heard a grunt down in the woods. Kicked myself for not having the grunt tube wiht me :(

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Holloween weekend has always been the weekend that I've seen the most bucks while bow hunting. I noticed this after many years of observsation

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Only seen 2 small bucks in the last week, but they were both in my yard! :rockwoot:

pict0033a.jpg

dsc3106z.jpg

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    Brownie needs to chime in on this one, he'll just tick you guys off.

I've seen two bucks within 30 yds of me in the 140's, the last one was materialized out of thin air I swear.

I found several good looking deep gouged rubs, and a few scrapes that were all around doe bedding areas.

I am gonna try some Doe in Heat this weekend and plan on spending the day in the woods. If it doesn't happen this weekend then first weekend in November will be epic. Start hunting your does to kill big bucks.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    I found a few new scrapes tonight between the uncut cornfield and the woods I hunt. I've seen a decent buck but out of range and a lil 4 pointer (and the button buck i shot mistakenly thinking it was a doe) other than that all does all the time. but it's ok... I know where the does are, Imma just let them bring the bucks to me. :rockwoot:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I found a few new scrapes tonight between the uncut cornfield and the woods I hunt. I've seen a decent buck but out of range and a lil 4 pointer (and the button buck i shot mistakenly thinking it was a doe) other than that all does all the time. but it's ok... I know where the does are, Imma just let them bring the bucks to me. :rockwoot:

No better bait than live bait. :)

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Saw the first buck of the year last saturday. Decent 10 pointer. Not a huge rack, but with a bow, he's definitely a shooter if he came close enough. Crossed through the woods about 75 yards away from me. Hopefully signs of good things to come.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I had a 4-6pt buck run out in front of my truck the other night. After I slowed down he crossed back over in front of me again and ran along next to my truck. I could have rolled down the window and shot him in the head with my handgun he was so close. Deer hunting doesn't seem that hard... :D

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    Seen one this morning. First one this year. Couldn't tell if he was a spike or a 3 pointer. lol
    Him and a doe were at the edge of a bean field this morning.
    Found a couple rubs and scrapes also.

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I've got some fresh rubs at my place that seem to be visited frequently, get bigger every time I see them, 20 yards from my stand and after a handfull of mornings and evenings in the stand, I still have not seen him. I think he is still nocturnal.

The place where he is rubbing is between a uncut corn field and a woods line, so hopefully, once the corn is out It will get better.

Top Bottom