• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    I had another dandy make an appearance on me yesterday morning. He has 6 points on his right side, and his left beam is broken off just past the third tine. On the one beam alone he has close to 70" of antler! I was gonna stick him if he gave me the chance....but of course I didn't get a chance on him.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Went to a new spot Saturday and saw 3 bucks ,one was a possible shooter,it was kinda thick so never got a good look. others were basket racked. So I moved over to where they were coming out of the thicket Sunday, first sighting had a small 6 and doe appear. Then nothing for a couple hours. My son n law just texted me and asked if I had seen anything else. By the time I write no and send it ,I had a decent 8 ,narrow but had long tines, walk behind me, 10 yds. He mad a scrape, and stuuck his nose in the air, and off he went. Not 5 minutes later a nice 10 was following. I had him at 10 yds too, but passed when I should of took him. He wasnt the one I wanted, so I hesitated.
    I noticed he had been injured, dragging his leg so I thought I should do the humanie thing and take him. I drew and waited for a shot and when he stepped to where the 8 winded me I took the shot.
    I cant believe I missed. at 20 yards. It was thick but looked like a good shot. First deer I have ever missed,with a bow. Kinda stings. He wasnt big enough to get nervious over,I just missed.
    Anyway , things are starting to get exciting. Didnt mention ,Saturday ,they all were checking a scrape line. Thier getting close.

rao

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    I think the rutt is hitting late this year. I have spent a considerable amount of time in the woods this season both in the Hoosier national Forest and on "primo" private farm land in Martinsville and I have not seen any significant signs of rutting behavior yet. In fact, just yesterday, on an amazing 165 acre farm with lots of big bucks and mature does, we only found a few rubs and only two scrapes. I've been watching and passing on does for the last two weeks and have yet to see any bucks on their heels. I have begun to see some young guys (1 1/2 yr olds) but the big boys don't really seem to be turned on yet. This crazy weather hasn't really helped.

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I saw a tall 12 pt this morning while on break/screwing off at work. He was chasing a mature doe. She didn't seem interested and after about 15 minutes ran off and left him. The worst part is that it was all happening withing 300 yards of my tree stand i should be in now instead of screwing off at work.

Top Bottom