• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2019
    Nashville
    I generally carry a Glock 20, but on occasion I also tuck a 642 in my front encased in a leather pocket made for me by a friend. It is loaded with whatever is the choice of the day.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I sometimes carry a Colt Magnum Carry (yeah I know what it’s worth) or a S&W 640-1. Both are 357 Magnum but I carry 38 Special +P in them. I carry a variety of loads from Federal, Winchester and Hornady. Great guns for a jacket pocket when running to the store or walking the dogs.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I've seen decent real world results with the PDX-1. I like them out of 3" barrels and lower. 4" and up I go to the 158gr.

The Winchester PDX-1 round is a good round...and we know where it got it's birth all those years ago!
    I still have some of those BT's, albeit in .357 magnum, which was my first carry caliber!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    The Winchester PDX-1 round is a good round...and we know where it got it's birth all those years ago!
    I still have some of those BT's, albeit in .357 magnum, which was my first carry caliber!

I'll pick some up but I don't think I'll be putting hundreds of rounds down range! They are kinda pricey.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I actually prefer the feel of the standard-pressure 158 grain load vs the (somewhat) harsher 'pop' of the lighter +P loads...especially in the lighter
    Air-Weight S&W J-frame revolvers.
    Older .38's were built for the 158 grain loads and I've also found them to be more accurate with the heavier, standard-pressure loads.
    I always say, With a new gun, buy several different loads, different manufactures, different grains, standard-pressure, +P pressure, etc.
    and see how it handles different loads and where each one lands on the target.
    Then buy lots of the stuff that your gun handles well...
    Yeah, I've noticed the same thing too.

Top Bottom