Not open for further replies.

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    :wavey:

There are several of us. There is also a group. I don't much but I bet there is several guys on here who can help you.:ingo:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I might know what you got, or can find out for you.

Well, he was buried in his apron, I don't really get that. I have several lapels: 1 of the double headed Phoenix, and a set of cuff links, and tie tack with the scarab. and some other stuff I can't remember, but they are all tie tacks and cuff links and pins and stuff. And his Mason book from 1927.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OK, the bird with two heads is an eagle; it is a symbol of the Scottish Rite, as in the Scottish Rite Cathedral in downtown Indianapolis.

I'm retired and have free time. If you'd like to meet and buy me a cup of coffee, I'll tell you all I can bout what you bring.
    The Masons are a fraternal group with secret recognition signs; they are NOT a Secret Society.

Doug

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    OK, the bird with two heads is an eagle; it is a symbol of the Scottish Rite

images

This is an Eagle?
    Why two heads?
    What is the original history of this symbol?

What about the scarab tack tie and cuff links?
    js017.jpg

This all so curious

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    OK, the bird with two heads is an eagle; it is a symbol of the Scottish Rite, as in the Scottish Rite Cathedral in downtown Indianapolis.

I'm retired and have free time. If you'd like to meet and buy me a cup of coffee, I'll tell you all I can bout what you bring.
    The Masons are a fraternal group with secret recognition signs; they are NOT a Secret Society.

Doug

Well, not anymore, not if they can be bribed with a cup of coffee!! :D

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    redneckmedic,

Yep, that's an eagle. The two heads look to the past and the future.

I'm not real familiar with the scarabs as a masonic symbol. If he was a member of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (the Shriners, as in the hospitals for crippled children), I think the scarabs would relate to that.

As a side note, we also know where the National Treasure is buried, but we only dip into it when we really need to.:D

Doug

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    redneckmedic,

Yep, that's an eagle. The two heads look to the past and the future.

I'm not real familiar with the scarabs as a masonic symbol. If he was a member of the Ancient Arabic Order of the Nobles of the Mystic Shrine (the Shriners, as in the hospitals for crippled children), I think the scarabs would relate to that.

As a side note, we also know where the National Treasure is buried, but we only dip into it when we really need to.:D

Doug

I KNEW that movie was true!!! :laugh:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    OOPS!

"We" are not a secret society.

As for coffee, if you're curious about Freemasonry, I'm willing to share, but we won't talk about the location of any hidden gold.:D

The true treasures of masonry, like all things of lasting value, must be found, they cannot be given.

Lo, I wax philosophical.

Doug

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom