• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    FPS, RPG, RTS, all PC. Though I do have a Nintendo Switch as well.

Now that my kid is grown up, I have more time for gaming.

I also like board and card games as well.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I gave up on FPS. Used to play the BF series until 3 came out with paid battle packs in lieu of leveling up. After an hour of getting smoked every 60 seconds or less by kids with daddy's credit card running the biggest guns available, I walked away. Not paying an ADDITIONAL $120 to level the playing field.

Since then my teen got an Oculus during Covid and I had to swap my 1080 with him because I wasnt paying $900 for a refurbished card that should cost $300 new during the covid/bitcoin mining driven shortage. So I still have a potato for a video card. I see that cards have come back to reasonable so I may upgrade soon and get back into what Haven plays. (my kids play those too)

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    I gave up on FPS. Used to play the BF series until 3 came out with paid battle packs in lieu of leveling up. After an hour of getting smoked every 60 seconds or less by kids with daddy's credit card running the biggest guns available, I walked away. Not paying an ADDITIONAL $120 to level the playing field.

Since then my teen got an Oculus during Covid and I had to swap my 1080 with him because I wasnt paying $900 for a refurbished card that should cost $300 new during the covid/bitcoin mining driven shortage. So I still have a potato for a video card. I see that cards have come back to reasonable so I may upgrade soon and get back into what Haven plays. (my kids play those too)
    i play a lot of assetto corsa in vr, or vtol vr (modded) its awesome! battlefield 4 was never pay to win and bf 2042 did away with pay to win im pretty sure? plus the portal is awesome and is the only thing that saved the game from its HORRENDOUS launch and a micro center just opened up in Indianapolis so you probably wont have to go too far to get a decent priced gpu or any pc component for that matter, micro center is a wonderful place thats dangerous to the ol wallet XD theres also wicked good deals on fb marketplace, i found an evga 3070 for 320$ and i scooped that up before the seller came to his wits

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    i play a lot of assetto corsa in vr, or vtol vr (modded) its awesome! battlefield 4 was never pay to win and bf 2042 did away with pay to win im pretty sure? plus the portal is awesome and is the only thing that saved the game from its HORRENDOUS launch and a micro center just opened up in Indianapolis so you probably wont have to go too far to get a decent priced gpu or any pc component for that matter, micro center is a wonderful place thats dangerous to the ol wallet XD theres also wicked good deals on fb marketplace, i found an evga 3070 for 320$ and i scooped that up before the seller came to his wits
    Man I REALLY miss 2142. Launching onto the titans was awesome. Used to be in a clan out of WI with Haven, who I've known for like 30+ years. (even though we are down here in Indy) Talk about some epic times.

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Man I REALLY miss 2142. Launching onto the titans was awesome. Used to be in a clan out of WI with Haven, who I've known for like 30+ years. (even though we are down here in Indy) Talk about some epic times.
    well titanfall 2 has a 3rd party launcher called NorthStar that allows you to host and join custom games separate from the actual launcher so youre not getting screwed by ddos constantly, plus bf 2042 is good now!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    well titanfall 2 has a 3rd party launcher called NorthStar that allows you to host and join custom games separate from the actual launcher so youre not getting screwed by ddos constantly, plus bf 2042 is good now!
    You apparently never played 2142. The launchers were physical launchers in game. Not the way you choose and enter a server.

On some maps you would have these giant floating star destroyer looking ships floating a couple hundred feet above the map. You would get into certain vehicles and drive near the Titan and press a button and it would eject you out the top so you could fly to the titan and then get inside the ship and fight CQB in the halls and rooms. And you arent actually flying. To quote Woody from Toy Story it was "controlled falling". You could steer your trajectory to land on the ship where you wanted.

jjohnson878

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    You apparently never played 2142. The launchers were physical launchers in game. Not the way you choose and enter a server.

On some maps you would have these giant floating star destroyer looking ships floating a couple hundred feet above the map. You would get into certain vehicles and drive near the Titan and press a button and it would eject you out the top so you could fly to the titan and then get inside the ship and fight CQB in the halls and rooms. And you arent actually flying. To quote Woody from Toy Story it was "controlled falling". You could steer your trajectory to land on the ship where you wanted.
    i have not played it at all nor did i know it existed until you said it, and with a swift google i saw there where mechs so the fisrt thing i could associate it with was titanfall and i brought up the launcher because tf1 and 2 have been suffering from ddos attacks rendering the game unplayable, but the 3rd party game launcher that allows people to have fun in the game again, but ill 100% look more into 2142!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont bother looking into 2142. They killed it off. Its ancient. They never allowed hosting your own servers, killed off their servers, etc.

I even threw away my DVDs because I knew I couldnt really play anymore. It was primarily a multiplayer game. I dont even recall it having a single player campaign mode.

Top Bottom