• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

The book by DiLorenzo on that 5onofab!tch Abe has been added to the list. Thanks for the suggestion!

Here are some other great reads from DiLorenzo:

Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed to Know About Dishonest Abe
    Amazon.com: Lincoln Unmasked: What You're Not Supposed to Know About Dishonest Abe (9780307338426): Thomas DiLorenzo: Books

Abraham Lincoln: Friend or Foe of Freedom?
    Amazon.com: Abraham Lincoln: Friend or Foe of Freedom? (9781934791059): Thomas J. DiLorenzo, Joseph A. Morris: Books

However, IMHO, one of his best and most important works is:

Hamilton's Curse: How Jefferson's Arch Enemy Betrayed the American Revolution--and What It Means for Americans Today
    Amazon.com: Hamilton's Curse: How Jefferson's Arch Enemy Betrayed the American Revolution--and What It Means for Americans Today (9780307382856): Thomas DiLorenzo: Books

Thanks again for the suggestions and keep them coming!

(BTW, I added the first one to my list as well.... thank you much!)

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Along with Liberty and Tyranny by Levin is Ameritopia. Ameritopia is a heavier read but very well written and informative.
    If you want an entertaining read I just read The Patriots. It is a SHTF book that is pretty entertaining. It gets really detailed in a few sections and the characters are poorly developed but the story is exciting.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Unbroken, true story of ww11 survival, amazing!

Probably one of the best books I have read in some time.

Zamperini's story is truly amazing and Hillenbrand did an excellent job of writing it.

It is a "must" on anyone's list that appreciates the resilence of the human spirit.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
    The Creature From Jekyll Island - G. Edward Griffin
    The Law - Frederic Bastiat
    Common Sense - Thomas Paine
    Molon Labe - Boston T. Party (seriously - it's a very entertaining read!)

browncofiddler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    Brown County
    Ditto for "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand ~ definitely one of the best books I've ever read. The story of Louie Zamperini from childhood thru WWII, capture by the Japanese, POW camps and the rest of his life. An outstanding read that will stay with you long after you finish the last page.

A big recommendation for Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell too. Another one that's absolutely unforgettable.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Don't laugh, but I read "Hunger Games" recently. :) It was really pretty good, and more than a little subversive, which I find ironic. I'm not sure yet if it was intentionally so, or not.

Also, I read Ayn Rand's novella "Anthem." It kinda sucked. I mean, in its time (1937), it was probably very forward-thinking. But, with all the dystopian fiction (and some non-fiction) available, including "Hunger Games," it just doesn't measure up. (I got it for free on my Android, though, so the price was right.) :)
    I also read the Hunger Games series, I enjoyed it. I liked the movie, so I checked the books out, and I can't wait to see the next movie.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012

All good books, though I have to say I am not familiar with the last one.... based on your other suggestions I am putting it on the list.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

I have to say that Atlas Shrugged may be my favorite. I plan on reading it again, but there are so many I want to read first like The Law and Common Sense. I have read parts of them and quotes from them, but I would like to read them in their entirety.

What is that Molon Labe I have heard that (read that) name before. Can I safely assume what it is about?

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I have to say that Atlas Shrugged may be my favorite. I plan on reading it again, but there are so many I want to read first like The Law and Common Sense. I have read parts of them and quotes from them, but I would like to read them in their entirety.

What is that Molon Labe I have heard that (read that) name before. Can I safely assume what it is about?

Molon Labe - Come and take them:patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Grave of the Fireflies is an...interesting look at the firebombings in Japan during WWII. Very interesting to see how people reacted to a lack of food etc. The animated movie based on that book is a tearjerker.

Top Bottom