• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Given the bul1sh!t that took place with the ba5tards in the federal government today, I believe my next read will be The American Crisis by Thomas Paine.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    Unbroken is a fun read.

Yes, it has a good deal of serious content... but definitely a fun read.

It is one book that I had trouble putting down.
    Everything I read is fun, I just got done reading "Mule" A Novel About Moving Weight By Tony D'Souza. Its a good read.

dt420

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 22, 2012
    NW
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/221111-shameless_plug.html

I plan on picking up Stephen King's "The Wind Through The Keyhole" Tomorrow. It's an expansion of his Dark Tower series.
    I just picked up 11/22/63 by Stephen King, and will start reading it as soon as I finish reading "Archive 17". I really enjoy Stephen King books, but I haven't read any in a long time. The last one I read was the first book of the Dark Tower series, never got to finish the series though.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    True Grit & a couple of the new Clive Cussler's

You know, I have seen the movie adaptations of True Grit many times.... the latest is by far the best IMO. However, I have never read the book.

Added to the list.

You are about the third person that has brought it up.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I will also say that if you like extensive world building in fantasy that the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan is pretty good. You will learn to loathe the women in that story with a passion* but otherwise it's reasonably well written. It is also LOOOOOOOONG. almost 13 books, and each of them a doorstopper.

*There are a few phrases: Woolhead, braid tugging, skirt smoothing, clothes adjusting. You will learn to fear them.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    I will also say that if you like extensive world building in fantasy that the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan is pretty good. You will learn to loathe the women in that story with a passion* but otherwise it's reasonably well written. It is also LOOOOOOOONG. almost 13 books, and each of them a doorstopper.

*There are a few phrases: Woolhead, braid tugging, skirt smoothing, clothes adjusting. You will learn to fear them.

Doesn't sound much like my cup of tea, but thanks for the recommendation.

Top Bottom