• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I then stand corrected. For some reason, I could have swore the Willys had an upgraded suspension and diffs over the standard Sport. At least an HD front.

I wouldn't worry about it man. Honestly, I'd have done the same thing. I like the looks of your Willys, and I'd rather not spend the money for the Rubicon unless I intend on running 35's and larger.

Besides, what a lot of guys do is buy a Sport or Sahara, and spend the money to upgrade that. A lot of guys rather do that and run ARB's anyway.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I wouldn't worry about it man. Honestly, I'd have done the same thing. I like the looks of your Willys, and I'd rather not spend the money for the Rubicon unless I intend on running 35's and larger.

Besides, what a lot of guys do is buy a Sport or Sahara, and spend the money to upgrade that. A lot of guys rather do that and run ARB's anyway.

I don't plan on running bigger tires, so I suppose I'm good. :)

I think I'll keep it "mostly" stock. I already have these Springtail goodies on order and I can't wait to load 'em up with gear!

http://store.springtailsolutions.com/JK-Rear-Door-Folding-TrayMOLLE-Panel_p_28.html

http://store.springtailsolutions.com/JK-Unlimited-Driver-Side-Rack-Special-Deal_p_27.html

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville

Again, most Jeeps I see with 35's are running them on Dana 30's, so I wouldn't worry. Jeeps are strong, and with stock or near stock tires/wheels, you aren't going to hurt them. Heck, I had a '93 YJ with the infamous C-clip Dana 35 in the rear and 30 up front and I ran it hard for 150k or so, including lots of off-roading, and I never had an issue. The Dana 30 in the JK is greatly improved, and you've got a 44 out back, which is where most of the stress will be. That Willy's is built to take it. I'd take it to Moab, or anywhere else, in a heartbeat! Lots of stock Jeeps were running out there and doing amazing things. You've got a nice tire upgrade, too. Those BFG KM's are GREAT tires and will handle anything you throw at them. Hell, the skid plates are the most important thing, and they are the same as on a Rubicon. EVERY vehicle has limitations. An experienced driver in a stock Jeep can do more than someone in a built Jeep that doesn't know what they are doing. I saw it in Moab time and again.

The more I look at that color, the more I love it. That is a really great color, and I'll bet they don't offer it for long. You've got a gem there.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I want a Yj. I want to put a CJ front clip and dash on it though. But with the stiffer, slightly wider frame, and the galvanized tub (even though they still rust like its their job).

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Again, most Jeeps I see with 35's are running them on Dana 30's, so I wouldn't worry. Jeeps are strong, and with stock or near stock tires/wheels, you aren't going to hurt them. Heck, I had a '93 YJ with the infamous C-clip Dana 35 in the rear and 30 up front and I ran it hard for 150k or so, including lots of off-roading, and I never had an issue. The Dana 30 in the JK is greatly improved, and you've got a 44 out back, which is where most of the stress will be. That Willy's is built to take it. I'd take it to Moab, or anywhere else, in a heartbeat! Lots of stock Jeeps were running out there and doing amazing things. You've got a nice tire upgrade, too. Those BFG KM's are GREAT tires and will handle anything you throw at them. Hell, the skid plates are the most important thing, and they are the same as on a Rubicon. EVERY vehicle has limitations. An experienced driver in a stock Jeep can do more than someone in a built Jeep that doesn't know what they are doing. I saw it in Moab time and again.

The more I look at that color, the more I love it. That is a really great color, and I'll bet they don't offer it for long. You've got a gem there.

It's feeling more like a gem every day! I'm loving it. Love the ride, the tires, the color, the tankishness. I just flipped 100 miles and I'm happy. I just get these strange urges to purposely miss driveways so I can go in ditches. :):

Kernal1984

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Scottsburg
    It's feeling more like a gem every day! I'm loving it. Love the ride, the tires, the color, the tankishness. I just flipped 100 miles and I'm happy. I just get these strange urges to purposely miss driveways so I can go in ditches. :):

That pretty much sums up "It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand."

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    JEEPS and guns.....INGO is the perfect website!!!! 2004 Red Unlimited, with less than 50,000 miles!!! Sometimes I just look for an excuse to drive it to town.:patriot:

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Niiiice. Those old forward-controls are soooo cool. Are you doing a restoration? Resto-mod? Anything unusual? Well, other than it being an FC....

More of a refurbishment. Someone took pretty good care of it. New long block in 1993 with 92k miles. Now about 97k on it. Has a working dump bed, PTO winch and 2 Jerry cans for each side of the bed. It won't be showroom but more of a fun driver

Top Bottom