• indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Any of you guys ever use this program?
    Long Range Shooting Simulation Demo

I went ahead and ordered it. It seemed like a good way of learning to shoot long range, without having the equipment yet. I'm fine with estimating range, getting the elevation correct, but still screwing up wind at times. Back to the classroom for me. :)

Is this typical to what would happen at a shoot? Knock downs at unknown distances, but known sizes?

Last edited:

southofindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    I shoot a .308 Remington M700 VLS, bipod and burris 8 x 32 signature series scope in southern indiana, i can get about 800 yards or so at my private range.

I use to shoot a varmint special heavy barrel m700 Remington in .243 Win.

Mostly because i bought a .458 Lott to practice with because i wanted to go to africa or south america. It has really messed with my ability to accuratly shoot from a bench without flinching.....

Does anyone else have this problem with flinching?

Last edited by a moderator:

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I shoot a .308 Remington M700 VLS, bipod and burris 8 x 32 signature series scope in southern indiana, i can get about 800 yards or so at my private range.

800 yards?
    Do you allow guests ? :)
    I have a long range rifle I would love to stretch out. only been out to 300 yards so far.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Mostly because i bought a .458 Lott to practice with because i wanted to go to africa or south america. It has really messed with my ability to accuratly shoot from a bench without flinching.....

With all due respect, stop shooting that thumper from the bench. Man, that has GOT to hurt. Shooting from field positions should be much better on you.

To cure flinching, I believe that lots of 22 rimfire will hasten the cure.

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    im about 30 to 45 min east of indianapolis and i have a 1/2 mile private range. and as for flinching i just relax, i have been told never to anticipate the shot, just keep squeezing the trigger and the shot should suprise you every time, your main focus should be to keep your crosshairs on the target try to completely forget about the recoil.

southofindy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Yeap, I quit shooting the big gun from the bench... heck it's so expensive to shoot even if i reload.....so i don't shoot it that much anymore anyways....

Top Bottom