• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    This past Saturday morning I was heading home about 1am out in the country in Laporte when out of nowhere this huge buck decides to jump out in front of me and I blasted him doing about 60mph in my truck.

Ive never experienced anything like this before. It was like going through a brick wall. My truck more then likely is a loss.

To all you hunters out there: Hunt and kill them all!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My cousin and I hit a deer ........... on the way to go deer hunting.

I turned around to get something out of the back seat and heard the proverbial "OH :poop:!!!"
    I looked up to see the deer on the windshield.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Best way for hunters to snag every single one... you gotta slow those bullets down to about 55 or 60mph and mount some high beams on them. Deer can't resist jumping out in front of 'em.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    When I was 15 my dad was driving me home from having a dental procedure done, and seemingly out of nowhere a very large buck was chasing two does across the road, hit the buck with the driver's side quarter panel and his ass swung around and caved in the rear half of the drivers side of the car. His neck and head took out the windshield. Doing 55-60mph. 12 pointer, and he was pretty d*mn big from memory.

Totaled the car. The buck was stunned on the side of the road and wandered off after lying there for a few minutes, I'm sure he probably died from internal injuries. He was gone before help arrived for us.

We were fine.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yes, as a matter of fact. A couple have fallen to Kirk "the car killer" Freeman. It's like I have a deer magnet in my vehicles.

Here are pics from the first one. I-65 southbound, slowed and honked horn thinking is would scamper away like a nimble forest creature, deer turned and charged me. He hit me when I was at 50mph, target angle 330 or so (driver's side headlight, rolled down the driver's side, $3,300 in damages).

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I hit one a couple weeks ago in the volvo...the approaching angle of the hood as I hit the brakes hard was just below the body of the dear and ended up rolling the deer onto the hood, only damage I saw was some extra scratches.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thankfully I never have! Plenty of other critters, but nothing with hooves...yet.

My step dad, however, has had 2-3 deer hit HIM. He's replaced a lot of door panels and mirrors.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I nicked one, so I guess that counts. I had just gotten my truck back from the body shop (thanks, drunk driver) and was cruising down a county road one morning. Out from behind a hill steps Mr. Buck and stares me down, begging me to test him. He may have thrown a gang sign at me, actually. I hit the brakes and swerve, he hits the hoof and swerves. I grazed him with my front bumper, pooped my pants, and pulled over to check things out. My only damage was a 3" scrape on my bumper with some fur stuck to it. I can't speak for his end of the confrontation, he was gone.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I've never hit one, thank goodness, but someone in a pickup hit one right by my house the other night. Didn't look like it did a lot of damage, but definitely broke some glass. Deer are always running behind my house and crossing the road. Surprised the county hasn't put up a deer crossing sign yet. Been more than one corpse out there over the years. Saw a real pretty buck out beside the road last week. Must have been at least a 6 or 8 pointer.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I've never hit one, thank goodness, but someone in a pickup hit one right by my house the other night. Didn't look like it did a lot of damage, but definitely broke some glass. Deer are always running behind my house and crossing the road. Surprised the county hasn't put up a deer crossing sign yet. Been more than one corpse out there over the years. Saw a real pretty buck out beside the road last week. Must have been at least a 6 or 8 pointer.

I've never figured out how they train the deer to cross at the sign. Deer must be smarter than I give them credit.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I took out a big buck in Michigan. Everyone who stopped to see if we were okay asked if they could have him.

Top Bottom