• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Has anyone living in Indiana NOT hit a deer? My record so far is 3 deer and one horse. If I could just hit a cow, that would complete the large animal tri-fecta.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Has anyone living in Indiana NOT hit a deer? My record so far is 3 deer and one horse. If I could just hit a cow, that would complete the large animal tri-fecta.

Hell, one night I had the choice of 3 doe or a tree. By the time I made my decision, 2 of the doe stepped back a few inches so I barely clipped 1 of them. Broke her neck and spun her butt into the rear passenger door. I've still hit quite a few more kids than deer though, but I speed up for them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Hell, one night I had the choice of 3 doe or a tree. By the time I made my decision, 2 of the doe stepped back a few inches so I barely clipped 1 of them. Broke her neck and spun her butt into the rear passenger door. I've still hit quite a few more kids than deer though, but I speed up for them.

I've only got one kid and she was on a bike. And she technically hit me so I guess it doesn't really count.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    I've hit 3 in my lifetime. Wildest one was driving our rescue squad Code 3 doing about 70 at 3am....We got very lucky, we actually had to hook a chain to the deer and pull it's head out, it was wedged between the front brush guard.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I hit a fairly large buck years ago. I was driving a Geo. You can imagine how that went. I'm pretty certan the buck ran away laughing at me and the chaos that he had caused.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    remember, always say the deer hit you... insurance will find any way out they can.oh, and also hit the gas. you want that front end up as high as possible for impact

I have not had the pleasure, but in the superduty I wouldnt feel but a mere bump in the road.....

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

Speaking of intentionally hitting people with your car, I have a story to share. As I was driving through Michigan a few years ago I saw this sign:

Obviously, I took this sign to mean that I would be awarded $7,500+ per year for the next 15 years for each worker I struck. Never one to miss an opportunity, I got to work. Next thing I knew a Michigan State Trooper came flying up behind me with his lights on. I assumed this was to get my information regarding where to send the checks. It turns out that I read that sign wrong... :(

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Years ago, old K5 Blazer, medium doe. 80 MPH.
    Drove it home, beat out/replaced stuff, drove it another 5 yrs.
    Hell of a BONK.
    Doe was in 1 pc but not photogenic.
    Guy beside me said it flew a good ways, right over his hood.

bowtie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 28, 2012
    South Bend
    Depending on your policy...that is listed under comprehensive I believe

Well I have full coverage but with a 1k deductible. Then to make matters worse this happened to my winter vehicle and it doesnt have much value maybe worth 3k? Couldnt have picked a better time to happen

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    First one I hit was with my Dodge. It was a yearling that somehow missed my grill but took care of my bumper and it spun off the side scratching and denting up the driver side fender and door. $1400 damage. Second time a big doe ran into my driver side door on my Tahoe and she rolled off the back end. She got up and took off. I was going slow for that one because the first one got across and I had slowed down for it (driving on 41 just past Boot City, southbound). Got a small dent in the door and she wiped some dirt and mud off the side. No harm, no foul.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    3 for me. Last one was coming home from the rush county fair motocross last year hauling 5 dirt bikes in a 16' trailer. Saw the bastage running across the field (well his eyes anyway) and said a few expletives in time for my buddy to look up and see it. Didn't even try to stop or slow down with the trailer on back. $6K plus and I only caught him in the front shoulder. My other friends in the truck behind me said it looked like a helicopter

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Many MANY years ago I was behind a kid in a Kia mini SUV and it was the first night that his parents let him take the car out outside of work and school. He nailed a deer and to make things worse it did not kill it... Just wounded it badly.

Thankfully a combat marine officer who was with us and always armed dispatched the offending deer.

We then went to the kids house to confirm the story to his parents.

I have yet to hit one but knew a guy that had one to through his windshield at 2 am and freaked the gas station attendant out as he pulled I. With a deer hanging out of the car and him covered in deer guts....

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The company my dad drives truck for had 7 truck/deer crashes last year. The average damage to a Volvo semi was 7K. They installed Australian style kangaroo catchers to all the trucks and have not had any damage since. Hmm, wonder if they make those for a Bonneville

Top Bottom