• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As to his "platform", I consider babbling into a cellphone* about how you see politics about as worthwhile to society and dropping used chewing gum on the sidewalk. I know that makes me a curmudgeon, but I also know that I'm in good company.

You're in a company. Company that doesn't really follow where technology and new media is headed. Or doesn't like it. Or doesn't understand it. I don't know.

Again, I know very little about him... but the recording set-ups that some of these people have are insane. When you travel to another state, obviously you don't have that. If you need to get a video out quick, your cell phone is the medium to do it. That shouldn't be held against him.

Also, (and I'm not saying it's right), but putting yourself out there as a target by "producing" this "content" is analogous to "she was asking for it". Of course, "she" wasn't, but it's still not a smart idea to be inviting trouble.

Can you clarify on this? Trying to see where you're coming from... not quite following. Making content for entertainment, discussion, politics, controversy, etc... isn't smart because you might be beaten for it, by inviting trouble? I know you said it's not right, but is that what you're saying? How does this make him a target? A valid one, from what I'm reading in your post?

I don't see how uploading videos of your opinions equates to fighting words.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Can you clarify on this? Trying to see where you're coming from... not quite following. Making content for entertainment, discussion, politics, controversy, etc... isn't smart because you might be beaten for it, by inviting trouble? I know you said it's not right, but is that what you're saying? How does this make him a target? A valid one, from what I'm reading in your post?

I don't see how uploading videos of your opinions equates to fighting words.

Come'on, you post example after example of inflammatory remarks you find on ****ter. And then plenty of examples of people getting assaulted and harassed for putting themselves out there using ****ter and YouTube. Hell, we have a congresswoman calling for it! Don't forget about people getting fired for the stuff they put out.

The smartest thing to do is STFU. But, narcissist can't handle that.

You're correct, I don't think that's right. I don't think someone should be afraid of physical violence based on speaking their mind. I also don't think I should have to lock my door when I leave for work. I shouldn't have to carry a gun either.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Come'on, you post example after example of inflammatory remarks you find on ****ter. And then plenty of examples of people getting assaulted and harassed for putting themselves out there using ****ter and YouTube. Hell, we have a congresswoman calling for it! Don't forget about people getting fired for the stuff they put out.

The smartest thing to do is STFU. But, narcissist can't handle that.

"Inflammatory" is a bit subjective... The person that went after The Quartering buys into the far-far-far-far left ideology of punching nazis, he considered TQ as a member of some shady group of abusers and harassers... a nonsense excuse to get violent.

These people label their enemies as bad as they can so when they do get violent, they feel justified. I don't know about you, but being lied about then attacked based on those lies isn't something that I like.

So as I look into this deeper... I'm seeing it's far less about TQ's content and more about the warped tribal **** going on right now. The "us vs them" crap.

Edit: Those narcissists are making more money than the people in this thread, combined. I wouldn't say it's a necessarily dumb idea. Definitely a profit to be made from it.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Inflammatory (in ref. to examples you post), as in Sarah Jeong.

I really don't know how far Jeremy pushes the needle.

So as I look into this deeper... I'm seeing it's far less about TQ's content and more about the warped tribal **** going on right now. The "us vs them" crap.

NAILED IT. I think I've been trying to say the thing, usually in the wrong place like the Politically [not so] Funny thread.

It just seems the left is quicker to resort to fisticuffs right now.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    He got in multiple hits and the dude barely looks touched? That can't be good for business. I'd look for a more qualified instructor.

giphy.gif

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    I didn't make it this year, but I went to the 50th anniversary one last year with some friends. Unfortunately it seems like this sort of "social justice" political silliness has been slowly creeping into events such as GenCon over the last few years; my friends dragged me to a "nerd burlesque" show during which I had to sit through at least one of the performers ranting about "our horrible Nazi president" and other such things for a few minutes. However, that's the only incident of that sort that really stands out in my memory from last year, so I can't really claim that it's becoming a big enough problem to deter me from attending again in the future.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Some guy in a rainbow shirt attacked and punched the youtuber who has the channel TheQuartering. He didn't seem badly injured, but he was certainly scared. The cool thing is that with the help of other people, they identified the attacker. Not sure how it will resolve, though.

Well so far the attacker has lost his teaching job and is very definitely getting sued.

[video=youtube;sjRxQughCjU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjRxQughCjU[/video]

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    One more GenCon vs LE story. I was called for a robbery of a person where a box of Magic cards were taken. For those who don't know, Magic is a collectible card game and some of the older cards are quite valuable, similar to rare baseball cards. Some cards are well north of $10k or $20k (yes, k) and a lot of the are worth a few hundred or thousand. The uniformed guy who took the report called me and it was clear he was at the end of his rope with nerds and had no idea what Magic cards actually were.

He tells me this basic narrative:
    I showed up and the kid at the door told me he had to put a green sticker on my gun. I asked him why and he said to show it was a prop and not a real gun. (Note this is an IMPD officer in full uniform). I told him that it was a real gun and he (expletive) had a panic attack and told me I couldn't go in. I told him I was there on a run and I didn't have time to lock his (expletive) (expletive) up and to get out of my way. It took me forever to get through the crowd and find the complainant. He was really worked up about these cards being taken and said they were worth over $15k. WTF kind of tricks do you do with magic cards that are that expensive? He's got to be full of (expletive).

*I then explain the difference between Magic and magic, and reference the baseball card analogy**

Ah, well (expletive) now I get why he's so worked up. So, get this, the suspects are masked and gloved but like characters....and there's (expletive) hundreds of people in that costume and this (expletive) thinks I'm going to stop and search everyone of them.

I don't remember what kind of characters they were, but it was a pretty popular get up that year. Man, I wish I could remember what they were dressed like. The story loses some of its punch without that. Star wars something, maybe? Dunno, but it was a masked character like Darth Vader or someone were the person behind the mask could be literally anyone.
    Was it by chance this incident?

Here is a very close friend's account a couple Gen Cons ago:

2 officers get dispatched to the Convention Center on separate "magic card" thefts. As the officers enter the building a Wizard-ish looking 20yr old gentleman with braces and a 6 ft tall wood walking stick pounds it against the carpet and extends his hand.

Wizard kid: HALT!!!!

Cops: (look at each other) halt?

Wizard kid: i notished you guy-sh don't have green schtickersh on your gun-sh !!!

Cop1: That's a very astute observation

Cop2: WTH?

Wizard Kid: (exhausted) Huuuh, you have to have green schtickersh on your gun-sh to show their not real gun-sh.

Cop1: These are real guns kid

Wizard kid: (poops pants, mouth agape) uhhhhhhh

Cop2: we're real cops with real guns trying to take some reports from real people getting their stuff stolen by real criminals

Wizard kid runs away.

Both cops then break apart as they find their respective victim. I'll only focus on the 1 victim as he was the most flamboyant as he was pacing back and forth hyperventilating and possibly had a severe case of tourettes. I'll leave out all the Fbombs, but if you can find a place to put them in each sentence, trust me, they were there. He looked like if Marilyn Manson had a broke step brother that bought his makeup at dollar general.

Cop: Hey man calm down and tell me what happened

The undead kid: what do you think happened?!

Cop: Kid, you called me ...what do you think is going to happen if you keep talking like that?

The undead kid: (screaming random 4 letter words)

Cop: Bye

The undead kid: I need a report for my insurance!

Cop: You gonna calm down?...Insurance? Ok, what happened

The undead kid: I had all my magic cards in a bag in the hallway and the whole thing got stolen...at least 2000 cards many of them 1st series.

Cop: Did anyone see who did it?

The undead kid: someone said they saw and elder mage over there but i don't know

Cop: What does an old maid look like?

The undead kid: Elder Mage! They look like a damn elder mage just like you look like a damn cop.

Cop: Ok what were they worth?

The undead kid: (counting in his head and stretching out fingers to signify each milestone of numbers) .........$70,000

Cop: 70...thousand?

The undead kid: many were first series.

Cop: really?

The undead kid: Why are you still talking to me when you should be out looking for this person, where were you when this was happening? (insert at least 20 4 letter words and random cop hate jargon "pay your salary" "donuts" "pig" "protect and serve" etc)

Cop: Why was your backpack with $70,000 not, i don't know, ON YOUR BACK? If i had a backpack with $1000 in it i'd be a backpack wearing mother ****er...If i had one with 70,000 in it i'd probably staple it to my face so i'd never lose sight of it...that's just me though.

The undead kid: (as snide as possible while implying that he was too busy) Sir, i had just completed a tournament, passed the ascension pyramid, transcended mortality and received god slayer ability.

Cop gets on the radio: Control can you copy a description?

Control: affirmative, go ahead

Cop to control: Wanted by me for the theft of $70,000 in majic cards is an Elder Mage...no description but you should know what one looks like. If located contact myself and the card owner however be advised for officer safety that it is not wise to taunt the owner as he is no longer mortal and possesses the ability to kill jesus.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well so far the attacker has lost his teaching job and is very definitely getting sued.

Yep, article here

Quinnipiac removes ‘Punch Nazis’ professor from website

Quinnipiac University has scrubbed all references to Matthew Fantastic Loter from its website after the professor allegedly put a popular YouTuber in a headlock and repeatedly punched him.

Prior to the incident, which took place at an Indianapolis bar during an annual gaming conference, Loter had been listed as a part-time faculty member and was slated to teach an "Introduction to Game Design" course.

According to multiple witness statements, Loter approached YouTuber Jeremy Hambly from behind at the Indianapolis bar Tin Roof on August 2, put Hambly in a headlock, and screamed “I’m going to f*****g kill you” while repeatedly punching Hambly.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My last two conventions:

GenCon Indy, 2012

PAX, Seattle 2009 (VIP pass)

I don't think I'll ever be able to do a convention again as a non-VIP. I can't stand crowds.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    My last two conventions:

GenCon Indy, 2012

PAX, Seattle 2009 (VIP pass)

I don't think I'll ever be able to do a convention again as a non-VIP. I can't stand crowds.

That's what keeps me away. I can usually tolerate the large crowds at the NRA Annual Convention but with the questionable awareness and interpersonal skills of some segments of the GenCon crowd, no thanks. I can wait a month or two for new games and watch online reviews to find out what looks interesting. Besides, I've probably already backed most of the more interesting stuff on Kickstarter anyway.

Top Bottom