• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You can tell a political affiliation by looking at someone? Simply amazing.
    Let me decode it for you:
    Doesn't know the person? Probably a liberal.
    Attire is different? Most likely a liberal.
    Engaging in an activity he doesn't like? Definitely a liberal.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Link-Top-10-best-video-game-characters.jpg

I’m pretty sure I saw this guy(?) walking downtown last night on my way through.
    i thought it was Robin Hood!?

Hey, that's Zelda!

that should bunch some panties...

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I'm thinking I'll end up spending most of the day there tomorrow--signed up for a couple games (danged if I remember which, but the wife has it covered) and plan to roam the venders looking at all the pretty-pretty.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what this year's security is like?? I'm asking for a friend. :):

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Most people attending are not from indy.

You can tell a political affiliation by looking at someone? Simply amazing.

You might be misguided here.

Bottom line. I've worked with actors for over 30 years in all capacities. Troupes , Guilds, Conservatories, not to mention Dancers, other performers. In all levels from collage theatre to cinematic stars, most all have one thing in common. Yep you guessed it. They are liberals and they love to talk about it. Rare to find a consecutive among them but I have seen a cow walk on it's hind legs so....

In their down times they also love to go to all those dress-up gigs like GenCon, Comic Con, etc... all over the states.

I'm glad to hear that there are conservatives that go also.

As for Indy smelling-
    People tell me that LA smells but I've worked there so long I can't smell it. Could be the same thing going on here. :):

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Some guy in a rainbow shirt attacked and punched the youtuber who has the channel TheQuartering. He didn't seem badly injured, but he was certainly scared. The cool thing is that with the help of other people, they identified the attacker. Not sure how it will resolve, though.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Some guy in a rainbow shirt attacked and punched the youtuber who has the channel TheQuartering. He didn't seem badly injured, but he was certainly scared. The cool thing is that with the help of other people, they identified the attacker. Not sure how it will resolve, though.

It's too bad that behavior isn't being called out. But too many people are okay with it, if it's one of their own.

Mob mentality.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yep, that's me. Stereotyping. :rolleyes:

1. Have you been to Indy? It smells AND it's FULL of liberals.

2. GenCon, Comic Con, Trekkie Con, Anime, Furry Con, Cosplayers, Wizard World, DragonCon, and about 100 more. MOST ALL Dress-Up, Costume and Character Roleplaying Workforce and Actors in general - are LIBERALS. My jobs on the West Coast were all about magic and make believe. Through all those years I did get to travel and work some shows in eastern states that were about the same. All I ever dealt with were liberals. They surrounded me. If you're saying that this one show in Indy is different than the rest of the US, then so be it. That's not what I experienced.

Now if you're talking backstage crews, set builders, pyros and anything technical directorish - that's where you'll find your conservatives. Why? I don't know. I don't make up the rules.

Oh, and liberals smell.... really bad. :faint:

cartman.jpg

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Getting closer . . .

1980s_DandD_dice_photocredit_Ethan_Gilsdorf_wide.jpg

Damn, those are old school dice from the original boxed set of D&D aren't they? I remember tossing mine after buying the "new" high impact dice, oh around 1981 or so. Wish I had kept them now just for nostalgia. And I was in Geneva for GenCon back in 1983 and 1984, then it moved to Milwaukee in 1985 I think and that was the last one I went to. Four of us went that year and we made it to the final round of the AD&D open.

Yes... geek here.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I supported a Kickstarter campaign that has an option of picking the game up at gencon but since I'm not attending this year I emailed them asking if they would meet me outside the exhibitors hall. The guy said he would but has not given me a time or place and hasn't returned my emails. I thought about going down there and asking a geek if I could borrow their pass for a couple minutes to run in and grab it. Not sure many people would hand over thier pass to a stranger though.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I supported a Kickstarter campaign that has an option of picking the game up at gencon but since I'm not attending this year I emailed them asking if they would meet me outside the exhibitors hall. The guy said he would but has not given me a time or place and hasn't returned my emails. I thought about going down there and asking a geek if I could borrow their pass for a couple minutes to run in and grab it. Not sure many people would hand over thier pass to a stranger though.

Well. Hopefully an INGOer can help you. They might be able to loan you their tag or be able to pick up your item for you and deliver it outside. Sounds like the kickstarter owner is pretty shady though. Good luck.

If you dress up as Xena princess warrior, I think you might be able to slip in unnnoticed.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Damn, those are old school dice from the original boxed set of D&D aren't they? I remember tossing mine after buying the "new" high impact dice, oh around 1981 or so. Wish I had kept them now just for nostalgia. And I was in Geneva for GenCon back in 1983 and 1984, then it moved to Milwaukee in 1985 I think and that was the last one I went to. Four of us went that year and we made it to the final round of the AD&D open.

Yes... geek here.

They appear to be just that. I bought my boxed set in probably 1979 or so. That's an image I found online, by my dice were in similar condition before I upgraded. Aftermarket dice were a huge thing back then . . . and very cool just to see and handle. I had a set that was translucent red and a set that looked like it was gold plated.

My only GenCon was 1980. I did not enjoy it. I entered two tournaments and the AD&D DM cheated me. I was issued a magic user character, which was not my thing, but even I knew that "magic missile" always hit based on the rules. He made me roll to determine if I hit or not (I missed) and I was too young and out of my element to protest effectively. So then all I had left was fireball and I was in an enclosed place so . . . out in the first few minutes. At least I put the other guy out too.

Then I got killed in Gamma World almost as quickly.

So after that, I was disappointed, the other nerds were too introverted to be any fun, and I didn't have money to buy stuff in the dealer room. So I left after the first half day and asked my ride to take me back to Indiana. After that, the idea of attending again repulsed me.

It's a lot different now, but my interest in RPGs is gone and none of the rest of it really interests me either. Fun to talk about the memories, though.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Well. Hopefully an INGOer can help you. They might be able to loan you their tag or be able to pick up your item for you and deliver it outside. Sounds like the kickstarter owner is pretty shady though. Good luck.

If you dress up as Xena princess warrior, I think you might be able to slip in unnnoticed.

Yeah their customer service sucks. I want my game bc I paid for it but I'll never deal with them again.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They appear to be just that. I bought my boxed set in probably 1979 or so. That's an image I found online, by my dice were in similar condition before I upgraded. Aftermarket dice were a huge thing back then . . . and very cool just to see and handle. I had a set that was translucent red and a set that looked like it was gold plated.

My only GenCon was 1980. I did not enjoy it. I entered two tournaments and the AD&D DM cheated me. I was issued a magic user character, which was not my thing, but even I knew that "magic missile" always hit based on the rules. He made me roll to determine if I hit or not (I missed) and I was too young and out of my element to protest effectively. So then all I had left was fireball and I was in an enclosed place so . . . out in the first few minutes. At least I put the other guy out too.

Then I got killed in Gamma World almost as quickly.

So after that, I was disappointed, the other nerds were too introverted to be any fun, and I didn't have money to buy stuff in the dealer room. So I left after the first half day and asked my ride to take me back to Indiana. After that, the idea of attending again repulsed me.

It's a lot different now, but my interest in RPGs is gone and none of the rest of it really interests me either. Fun to talk about the memories, though.
    I figured you liked rocket propelled grenades.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Kellyinavon LIVE from downtown Indianapolis. There are a lot of things I can't explain, and a bunch of people in costume too.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN

Yes... geek here.
    I'll have to see if I still have my dice. I THINK I know where they are. I most certainly have my D&D Basic and D&D Advanced books, along with original printings of the AD&D Players Handbook, Dungeon Master's Guide, and Monster Manual. Might have the Oriental Handbook, and the Greyhawk campaign, too. I was (still am?) a geek.

Top Bottom