• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I know Golden Corral doesn't get favorable support here on INGO...but the one in Bedford has really good food. I've heard people even say that the one in Bedford is much different than the others--I don't know about that as I've never eaten that any other ones. But their pot roast is great. They have stuff like fried okra, homemade potato chips--comfort food. I think their meatloaf is actually pretty decent too.

I love the Plainfield Golden Corral....I swear I get my moneys worth of steak. I am a meat eater....I'll eat 6-7 of them little steaks, 1/2 lb. of ham and half a dozen rolls and I am good. Throw in some shrimp and wings for desert.

I quit the last time I went (years ago) and saw kids dipping their hands in the desert bar, over and over....

If you think that is bad you should see the kitchen etiquette that you don't see. If a booger in your brownie gonna turn you off.....if you knew how your food was being handled by others, I guarantee you wouldnt eat out again.

Mrs Evilwrench

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2012
    Hollyhock Hill is a charming old-fashioned restaurant with the best home-style fried chicken I have had since I made it! They serve amazing pickled beets, tossed salad, mashed potatoes and gravy...and it is family-style dining so you get all you want!

In the Fort Wayne area, I am a big fan of the Hall's family restaurants for good family food, including salsbury steak and fried chicken which is hard to beat. Also Rich's Cafe in New Haven. They make their own sausage, and the food is really good. Better be hungry when you go there!

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    While Grays' has good chicken, GREAT chicken is found at Mayberry Cafe in Danville. If you violently object to Andy Griffith shows, do not go! Plays constantly on multitudes of TVs. But not annoyingly so. Dang that chicken is good. Have not tried anything else.

sticks4walking

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Nobletucky
    If you like Ginger's, you'd love Courtney's Kitchen. Directly north of the courthouse on Logan. Everything there is good and their cajun meatloaf is fantastic. Mashed potatoes and gravy with green beans that are cooked with bacon and onions. :rockwoot:

+1 for Courtney's Kitchen. The wife and I love this place. Nice folks. Family operation.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I know Golden Corral doesn't get favorable support here on INGO...but the one in Bedford has really good food. I've heard people even say that the one in Bedford is much different than the others--I don't know about that as I've never eaten that any other ones. But their pot roast is great. They have stuff like fried okra, homemade potato chips--comfort food. I think their meatloaf is actually pretty decent too.

Is Stolls still open down there? I used to drive down from Bloomington a couple of times/month with buddies in the late 80's to eat until we were miserable.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Is Stolls still open down there? I used to drive down from Bloomington a couple of times/month with buddies in the late 80's to eat until we were miserable.

I don't think so. I haven't been there in a very long time and I don't remember hearing anybody talking about them for a long time either.

Top Bottom