• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    After 2 years of browsing around for a .44 deer rifle, I finally came across a slightly used scoped 44/77,stainless, at a great price. Bought it. My main encounters while looking have been Marlins, Pumas, H@R's, Rossi's-The ruger seems to have been in hiding, as far as indiana hunters go. Any INGO'ers out there familiar with these rifles?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    A solid choice, been widely available in several actions from Ruger for decades. Bolt action is the only one remaining in the lineup. Certainly not "unknown" around these parts.

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I use one as well and took a very nice doe with it this year. Pretty accurate & consistent with Winchester white box ammo. I especially love the all weather stock & stainless metal, no guilt on taking it out on rainy days. You made a great buy.

joseywales7450

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Carmel
    I have had one for a couple years now and couldn't be happier with it. The accuracy is great. I recommend Hornady Leverevolution for whitetails. I shoot 1" groups with it at 100 yards and don't consider myself that great of a shot. Enjoy it.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    BTW I can Plus 1 on the Lever evolution ammo I have put down 8 deer with them and they performed well on every one of the deer, all were recovered (all factors considered) close to the hit

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Thanks for all the encouraging replies! Read lotsa reports on other sites complaining about accuracy and trigger issues[yeah, it's a little stiff] but I want a good sturdy deer gun, not some tacti-cool sniper rifle. Paid $500 w/ a good scope, thinkin' I did OK-thanks again to all!

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I just picked one up last month and so far really like it. For some reason mine doesn't do well with the leverevolutions, it does relly good with winchester white box JSPs with a 2.5-3" group at 100 yds and I would guess with practice I'll be able to tighten that up some. I think you'll be very happy with yours. As far as the trigger goes I've reard good things about the volquartsen replacement sear for lightening it up.

Rick983

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Suppressed 77/44

I bought an integrally suppressed 77/44 a few years back and LOVE it. It's as quiet as opening a soda bottle. I currently have two standing offers to buy it if I ever decide to sell it. Awesome gun. I only wish Indiana would allow you to hunt with a suppressed rifle. :dunno:

Top Bottom