• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Just came in from working on my Kawasaki FH680V, 23 hp.
    She was cranking over but wouldn't start. If I dumped gas in the carb, it would fire up and run until the gas was gone.
    I checked the fuel filter and was thinking it might be the fuel pump. Disconnected the fuel line to the carb (past the pump) and was getting fuel.
    Tested the fuel solenoid and found it to be working but not getting power to it. Checked the wires and found out no voltage.
    Started tracking back that wire and when I pulled the top cover off of the engine (over flywheel) discovered that a mouse had chewed the solenoid wire in half.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just came in from working on my Kawasaki FH680V, 23 hp.
    She was cranking over but wouldn't start. If I dumped gas in the carb, it would fire up and run until the gas was gone.
    I checked the fuel filter and was thinking it might be the fuel pump. Disconnected the fuel line to the carb (past the pump) and was getting fuel.
    Tested the fuel solenoid and found it to be working but not getting power to it. Checked the wires and found out no voltage.
    Started tracking back that wire and when I pulled the top cover off of the engine (over flywheel) discovered that a mouse had chewed the solenoid wire in half.

Glad you found it.

Top Bottom