Any talk of Indiana 2A Sanctuary counties or cities yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    There’s some movement on Facebook. Batholomew county sanctuary as well as Montgomery. Poke around, if you can’t find I’ll try to post more.

there is movement.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Guy did something this on his show a week or 2 ago. I think. there is a movement - the main group now one group has 3,600 members ... another ... has a mere 36,000 members ... both in less than a month..

oh and the larger group - has sub groups for every county.

People are waking up a bit maybe? I hope.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Guy did something this on his show a week or 2 ago. I think. there is a movement - the main group now one group has 3,600 members ... another ... has a mere 36,000 members ... both in less than a month..

oh and the larger group - has sub groups for every county.

People are waking up a bit maybe? I hope.

I'm seeing quite a bit of your FB activity showing up in the Hendricks County FB group.

senork

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    NW Indiana
    According to a local radio website, Pulaski County Commissioners have received information regarding Pulaski County becoming a sanctuary county. The information has been forwarded to the county attorney for review. Local sources indicate that it has been received favorably, and a vote may be coming up very soon.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The vote for Pulaski Co. is Feb 3rd at the commissioners meeting. I also had the advanced copy of the proposed ordinance I read it thoroughly, and liked it except how it didn’t cover red flag laws.

Last edited:

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Don’t really understand the point?

But I declared my property a sanctuary!

My announcement carried as much weight as any township, city, county!

Sounds like some Facebook lawyers stirring up something over nothing but it’s not hurting anyone so go for it!

I read the news article in this thread it was talking about if “red flag” laws are passed?

Indiana has had red flag laws for quite some time!

Last edited:

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Don’t really understand the point?

But I declared my property a sanctuary!

My announcement carried as much weight as any township, city, county!

Sounds like some Facebook lawyers stirring up something over nothing but it’s not hurting anyone so go for it!

Well it beats the Ice Bucket Challenge.

Bohammad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2019
    Indiana
    Just learned Huntington County is joining in the sanctuary movement. County Commissioner Buzzard is working with the board and sheriff on a revised version of the GOA SASO and businesses are putting out petitions. They have a facebook page, and while I hate fb as much as the next, it does help get the word about. I'm eager to learn more about what our county is promoting.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2018
    Indianapolis
    In regard to being a sanctuary STATE:

It's long overdue for states to begin taking back much of their power which the federal government has unconstitutionally seized.

Primarily, its powers under the commerce clause need significantly scaled back.

For commerce wholly within one state (eg suppressor manufactured and then sold within IN), the feds have no jurisdiction. They've stolen that power through one of the most egregious SCOTUS rulings in our nation's history (ruled a farmer who grew crops and then used them himself still had to abide under federal regulations per commerce clause since him growing replaced him buying from national market, therefore his growing impacted commerce outside of his state. An INSANE over reach.

Now some states have addressed this with respect to the 2nd Amendment (Kansas). But you can't just pass the law and then not stand up to enforce it. Especially with 2A, the federal government will try to crack down and make the law meaningless. States and their governor's need to be willing to send State Troopers to defense of the resident of the state and prevent the feds from arresting to enforce a law outside of their jurisdiction. Laws of that sort NEED to be passed, but they also NEED muscle and backbone to actually make an impact.

utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    Observations and Recommendations.

It is known that politicians are devious and will maintain there grip on power at all costs. Making concessions, deals to stay on power is what they do.

The first deal is to send all firearm related bills thru the new 2A committee to kill so they never make it to the floor for discussion.

If a bills is found to be unconstitutional the bills founder and sponsors are taken off all committees.

Why would they not create a 2A committee, they have nothing to hide.

For the sake of the children.

Any politican may freely adopt/steal the above recommendations...

When the new Democratic Indiana governor takes power, it could be the same as VA. Indiana firearm laws can be changed at the State level.

utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    In United States v. Cruikshank (1876), the U.S. Supreme Court recognized that the right to arms preexisted the Constitution

In Presser v. Illinois (1886) recognized that the Second Amendment protected the right from being infringed by Congress.

In United States v. Miller (1939), the Court again recognized that the right to arms is individually held and, citing the Tennessee case of Aymette v State, indicated that it protected the right to keep and bear arms that are "part of the ordinary military equipment" or the use of which could "contribute to the common defense."

In its first opportunity to rule specifically on whose right the Second Amendment protects, District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Court ruled that the amendment protects an individual right "to keep and carry arms in case of confrontation," not contingent on service in a militia

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/news

Last edited:

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    OK, so I have been reading and watching the development of 2A Sanctuary Cities. Here is the only problem as I see it. Please help me understand how this could not be used against us?

We have pre-emption in Indiana. Many states have similar preemption laws. Part of the benefit of the preemption statutes are that local municipalities, towns, cities, counties, etc., cannot regulate the ownership, sale, transfer or use of firearms. Here is where it get's tricky. Let's say you now declare a 2A sanctuary and claim that your municipality, town, county, etc., is now "exempt" from state regulation, does that not now invalidate the protections we wanted under pre-emption?

Perhaps a liberal town or county decided to declare itself a 2A sanctuary so that it can further restrict firearms?

Please I am NOT against 2A Sanctuary, just concerned about the ramifications.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    OK, so I have been reading and watching the development of 2A Sanctuary Cities. Here is the only problem as I see it. Please help me understand how this could not be used against us?

We have pre-emption in Indiana. Many states have similar preemption laws. Part of the benefit of the preemption statutes are that local municipalities, towns, cities, counties, etc., cannot regulate the ownership, sale, transfer or use of firearms. Here is where it get's tricky. Let's say you now declare a 2A sanctuary and claim that your municipality, town, county, etc., is now "exempt" from state regulation, does that not now invalidate the protections we wanted under pre-emption?

Perhaps a liberal town or county decided to declare itself a 2A sanctuary so that it can further restrict firearms?

Oh Great! Now I'm all kinds of confused.

So per what you are saying, because we already have and like our laws now, we should have a Preemption Assurance Movement and/or 2A Sanctuary Movement, whichever one best fits our needs.

Hmmm...
    Let me finish off this 12ver and I'll get back to this.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County

As I understand it, the State is not a republic of counties and counties and municipalities have no sovereignty. Our nation IS a republic and the 2a sanctuary movement is the States way of saying we did not cede this authority to the federal government.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh OK.

Since our Preemption Laws are already 2nd Amendment "Compliant" (mostly), supporting this 2A Sanctuary Movement should be fine.
    All we are saying is anyone wanting to make any "Unconstitutional" laws in this state that is against what we already have can go suck themselves..... all the way off.

5 beer left.....

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    And in a state like Vaginia where their laws are now NOT 2nd Amendment "Compliant"and definitely Unconstitutional, having a 2A Sanctuary Movement won't take away any good laws because they are already ****ed. But a Hail Mary can't hurt for them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Oh Great! Now I'm all kinds of confused.

So per what you are saying, because we already have and like our laws now, we should have a Preemption Assurance Movement and/or 2A Sanctuary Movement, whichever one best fits our needs.

Hmmm...
    Let me finish off this 12ver and I'll get back to this.

Oh OK.

Since our Preemption Laws are already 2nd Amendment "Compliant" (mostly), supporting this 2A Sanctuary Movement should be fine.
    All we are saying is anyone wanting to make any "Unconstitutional" laws in this state that is against what we already have can go suck themselves..... all the way off.

5 beer left.....

Damn... 7 beers in 12 minutes is impressive! You're gonna have to pee soon I'm pretty sure. And belch. A lot.

Top Bottom