Any talk of Indiana 2A Sanctuary counties or cities yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I feel like I'd get more sympathy here if people really knew what a burden actually knowing the law is. Bursting bubbles all the time, liking the concept of sanctuary cities or counties, but knowing they violate numerous statutes and the state constitution...

It's really no fun.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I feel like I'd get more sympathy here is people really knew what a burden actually knowing the law is. Bursting bubbles all the time, liking the concept of sanctuary cities or counties, but knowing they violate numerous statutes and the state constitution...

It's really no fun.
    Never stops the progressives.

utahskies

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    NWI
    I posted this in the oathkeeper VA thread, could be useful now in Indiana to prevent future shenanigans

The photos and videos show that these are boomers finally fed up. Boomers are the largest population now and actually vote.

It is known that politicians are devious and will maintain there grip on power at all costs. Making concessions, deals to stay on power is what they do.

The first deal is to send all firearm related bills thru the new 2A committee to kill so they never make it to the floor for discussion. If a bills is found to be unconstitutional the bills founder and sponsors are taken off all committees.

For the sake of the children.

Any politican may freely adopt/steal the above recommendations...

Last edited:

VulpesForge

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2020
    Nowhere
    I feel like I'd get more sympathy here if people really knew what a burden actually knowing the law is. Bursting bubbles all the time, liking the concept of sanctuary cities or counties, but knowing they violate numerous statutes and the state constitution...

It's really no fun.

I understand more than the average bear on this particular subject, but the end all be all on the matter is the Constitution. Being necessary to the security of a free state and all that. States rights, despite the federal government being severely hamstrung by the 10th, seem to be completely null in every sense that the federal government deems them to be through action committees and alphabet agencies. However, the states are just as legitimate in the protection of rights from enemies domestic as the Fed is as both entities were tasked with the protection of those rights enumerated. In short, I disagree that sanctuary cities for guns and sanctuary cities for illegals are the same. It's more apples and oranges and not in the sense that it's Red vs Blue, but in the sense that the states have just as much responsibility to honor the Federal Constitution as the federal government does. (They did a war over ending slavery, but it also shortened the states rights leash considerably as an unfortunate side effect) The same can not be said about the "rights" of non citizens that the federal government has the responsibility to expunge from the country in the interest of it's citizens safety and well being.

Mostly, I feel the difference is legitimacy and not "our side is right and their side is wrong so when we do it it's ok". Enumerated rights protection vs hippie bullhuckey is a lot closer to reality IMHO. Also, every gun law is unconstitutional. Epstein didn't kill himself etc etc.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Sanctuary cities where the city refuses to enforce federal law in the absence of a state law that says they have to. Perfectly legal and constitutional. States and their political subdivisions cannot be forced to carry out federal law- states' rights. What the federal government should be able to freely do is not spend its money in uncooperative places. That is winding through the courts.

Sanctuary cities, counties, etc., that want to ignore state law- any governmental entity within a state is subject to the authority of the state. If law enforcement wants to refrain from enforcing certain laws, as free people they can attempt to do so, but they have no "right" to do so without consequences. They could be ousted from office in some circumstances or possibly face criminal charges, state law enforcement (of if it's similar to Indiana) law enforcement from a different place can enforce the law and make arrests.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We’ve got #1.

Just saw where Jim Lucas announced on his FB page that Jennings County Sheriff has announced his county is a 2A county.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We’ve got #1.

Just saw where Jim Lucas announced on his FB page that Jennings County Sheriff has announced his county is a 2A county.

WTHR just did a piece on this this morning. They also featured a gun shop in North Vernon. J&L Sporting Goods I think. Looked like a nice shop from what they were showing.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    WTHR just did a piece on this this morning. They also featured a gun shop in North Vernon. J&L Sporting Goods I think. Looked like a nice shop from what they were showing.
    Link with video below. Jim Lucus dropped the best quote "Article 1 Section 32 of the Indiana Constitution should be the only gun law we have. The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defense of themselves, and the State."

The Jennings County Sheriff (Kenny Freeman, is that your kin Kirk?) stated it meant they would follow the current law. Further restrictions would be ignored. Of course that was "controversial" to the channel 12 newsie. He was probably triggered by being south of the outlet mall in Edinburgh.

https://www.wthr.com/article/jennings-county-declared-2nd-amendment-sanctuary

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Bet most WTHR viewers had no idea where Jennings Co even was. The Sheriff has 7 deputies. His press conference is cute and all but its "feel good" theatrics.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bet most WTHR viewers had no idea where Jennings Co even was. The Sheriff has 7 deputies. His press conference is cute and all but its "feel good" theatrics.

I can give directions from there to where I grew up. Of course they include "if the river is out..." ;)

Top Bottom