• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I found a podcast from Safety Solutions Academy. The last 2 podcasts they have posted are on snubbys. Episodes 436 and 437. The first one has Mas Ayoob on it and the second one features Chuck Haggard. Both are real good. There was supposed to be 2 more episodes for a 4 part series but I haven't found them on my podcast player.

https://safetysolutionsacademy.com

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I found a podcast from Safety Solutions Academy. The last 2 podcasts they have posted are on snubbys. Episodes 436 and 437. The first one has Mas Ayoob on it and the second one features Chuck Haggard. Both are real good. There was supposed to be 2 more episodes for a 4 part series but I haven't found them on my podcast player.

https://safetysolutionsacademy.com

I've met Paul - all be it only once and that was several years ago now. He was just beginning his business. He's a good dude. A "disciple", if you will, of the Rob Pincus "line".

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've met Paul - all be it only once and that was several years ago now. He was just beginning his business. He's a good dude. A "disciple", if you will, of the Rob Pincus "line".

His voice reminds me of Tim Badore who was on Bob & Tom. Every time I hear him talk, I wait for the animal conspiracy bit to start.

But he seems to have lots of information I can learn from.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Pretty common among snubby shooters. Yes there are exceptions, but it is typically a gun that is carried a lot but not shot. As you are aware, that doesn't make for a good ouctome

I won't blame it on a snubby. Put a 686 with a 6 inch barrel, a nicely tuned action and trigger, and wimpy .38 special loads in my hands and the same thing will happen. Heh.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, I hope I am not falling into an addiction.

Picked up first snubby not too long ago... A Ruger LCR in 357mag.

Was poking around on gun broker last night, came across a good deal on a Smith and Wesson 637.... and did an impulse buy.

I got this out back for a bit yesterday. I had read many who stated the trigger on these are bad compared to the LCR.... Not sure I agree. Maybe it was my "luck of the draw" :)

I like it.... easy carry BUG, point and shoot easily, runs like a top.

After playing around with different ammo in this and the LCR, I think there is some truth to a point made by BehindBlueI's and others upstream. The .38 special in + formats is an easy shot. From crony time, not much is gained with the .357 Magnum in the short barrels... save for some recoil perhaps.

I can't say I really like the S&W or the LCR better.... the two are similar to be sure, but both have their things I like about them.

Guess I'll just go ahead and keep my "impulse purchase" after all.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I carry my S&W 340PD in my turkey vest loaded with snakeshot. I also carry a couple speed loaders worth of the Hornady Custom 158 gr. XTP loads. My 340 is without a doubt the most accurate snubby I have ever owned. I installed an Apex Tactical spring kit in it and tested it yesterday. Wally World .38's and the Hornady .357's all shot to point of aim with no problems. Back into the vest it goes. It sometimes sees duty as a BUG for EDC, but mostly a woods gun with snakeshot, backing up my 329PD .44 mag.
    My next snubby purchase will hopefully be a S&W Model 640 Pro to go with my 3" 686-6 Performance center revolver.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Well, I hope I am not falling into an addiction.

Picked up first snubby not too long ago... A Ruger LCR in 357mag.

Was poking around on gun broker last night, came across a good deal on a Smith and Wesson 637.... and did an impulse buy.

Turns out I like the S&W more than I expected..... ended up putting in a spring kit, polishing the trigger, and plugging the Hilary hole. The thing is starting to become a pretty routine BUG.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Turns out I like the S&W more than I expected..... ended up putting in a spring kit, polishing the trigger, and plugging the Hilary hole. The thing is starting to become a pretty routine BUG.

Continuing to enjoy this little wheel gun....Did a little more internal work. Trigger is now about as smooth as dragging your finger through peanut butter and breaks like a thin piece of glass. SA is down to about 1lb 4oz.

It's too bad the factory doesn't finish the job....;)

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Still liking the little Smith for conceal when larger firearms are not an option... had to do the "briefcase and suit" thing today (ugh).

CZ75 in the "briefcase", but a little Smith tucks IWB without ever making itself noticed.

Top Bottom