• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    I see, just bash the products you don't like.

I think you better add up the parts for a Gas Furnace/Air Conditioner compared to a Heat Pump with Electric Back-up.

no bashing at all just over 30 years of working on them and what causes the most trouble........

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    no bashing at all just over 30 years of working on them and what causes the most trouble........

They've changed in the past 30 years. How many have YOU installed in the last 10 years? Are you working on them, or just the ones from other companies?

Most trouble starts with a **** poor installation. From people which have very little knowledge of what it takes to do things properly.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    They've changed in the past 30 years. How many have YOU installed in the last 10 years? Are you working on them, or just the ones from other companies?

Most trouble starts with a **** poor installation. From people which have very little knowledge of what it takes to do things properly.

i'm still doing it to the day.....

i have installed close to 30 a year if not more in the past 10 years and work on over 1k.........i have installed every brand and type out there from 1 ton to over 1k ton.....

i have mopped up after "**** poor" installs my whole career.......oh and i still stand behind what i said about HP's......if you like to stay warm when it's cold out and get the most for your money stay away from HP's........

but i'll put in what every anyone wants and it is installed to the manufacturers spec's and per code.......

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    i'm still doing it to the day.....

i have installed close to 30 a year if not more in the past 10 years and work on over 1k.........i have installed every brand and type out there from 1 ton to over 1k ton.....

i have mopped up after "**** poor" installs my whole career.......oh and i still stand behind what i said about HP's......if you like to stay warm when it's cold out and get the most for your money stay away from HP's........

but i'll put in what every anyone wants and it is installed to the manufacturers spec's and per code.......

Ok, you're still installing them today. But are you working on YOUR installs or others. I highly doubt you're working on yours.

And are you saying YOUR HP customers are not staying warm and comfortable? If so, something IS wrong.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Ok, you're still installing them today. But are you working on YOUR installs or others. I highly doubt you're working on yours.

And are you saying YOUR HP customers are not staying warm and comfortable? If so, something IS wrong.

not 30 HP's 30 installs of gas and HP'S.....90% gas 10% HP's/Elect.

i work on my installs and others.......just this summer i have removed 15 WORKING HP systems and replaced them with gas because they don't like the drafty air and high electric bill ........some only a few years old.....the others are just dealing with them because they can't afford to change them.......

there is nothing wrong as they are running fine as to spec and to heat load for the house........when a house need 90kbtus of heat and 42kbtus of cool you just can't get 90k from a 42k HP and then their ran to death......

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Guys, I fully understand the pro's and con's of heat pumps. Not every situation has a clear cut answer. the mini splits in my situation ARE more than likely the best solution economically, even though it may not give me the most comforitable environment. I am looking into other methods of heating as well. Lets not argue the pro's and cons of heat pumps as I would like to keep this thread informative in nature.

Gary, did you receive the blue prints yet?

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Lets not argue the pro's and cons of heat pumps as I would like to keep this thread informative in nature.

I'll leave on this...

There's a problem when I can rip out gas furnaces and replace them with HP's and the results are:

1) Happy Homeowners
    2) Comfortable Homeowners (often more comfortable)
    3) Homeowners who are happy with their utility bills (saving money)
    4) Reliable systems which do not experience the problems everybody talks about

and yet there seems to be nobody else who can duplicate the results? :scratch:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'll leave on this...

There's a problem when I can rip out gas furnaces and replace them with HP's and the results are:

1) Happy Homeowners
    2) Comfortable Homeowners (often more comfortable)
    3) Homeowners who are happy with their utility bills (saving money)
    4) Reliable systems which do not experience the problems everybody talks about

and yet there seems to be nobody else who can duplicate the results? :scratch:

Not true. Results are depending on the consumer as much as the installer. We can do the best job with an install and some folks (and service people) just do not like pumps. It is not an end all fix for some applications. That you are so stead fast either means you are a heat pump God or a magic man.
    I have removed 2 from homes that got smashed last year with insane electric bills due to the weather conditions. These people were just not happy with the systems and yes, they were operating at spec.

Indy, I will have your info today or tomorrow. Been slammed.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    I'm curious too... We install hundreds of thousands of dollars in HVAC equipment annually and if your equipment is the best, I need to switch brands.....

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Road trip?... Not this time. Made the drive to Houston to get the party started. I enjoy the friendly sky's as much as possible. I've been watching this cat fight from the shadows. Let me know when you narrow down the equipment and I will see if there are more cost effective options other than Mitsubishi. Those guys are just overpriced. LG has some nice stuff.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Road trip?... Not this time. Made the drive to Houston to get the party started. I enjoy the friendly sky's as much as possible. I've been watching this cat fight from the shadows. Let me know when you narrow down the equipment and I will see if there are more cost effective options other than Mitsubishi. Those guys are just overpriced. LG has some nice stuff.

Been looking into Fujitsu and they are proud of them as well. The equipment is very flexible as to capacity's and box count/location.
    Not looked at LG yet.
    Who handles the line locally??

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Koch used to until Carrier teamed up with Toshiba. Larry Moore at VCS has LG. Have you looked into the VRV/ VRF stuff? A lot less condensers just some more pipe. Less electrical load.

Top Bottom