• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • farmer2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    North Liberty
    A 1911 is on my list of guns to buy, and its time. I really like the look of Taurus's 1911's, especially the ones with a factory rail up front. I have a Taurus PT111 and am satisfied with it even though it is terribly inaccurate. I want to know if anyone has any experience with them. Thanks, Nick

Indianajeff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Indiana
    There is NOTHING I don't like about mine, boringly reliable, deadly accurate and light recoiling. It's the best 1911 I've owned, and I've owned several from bigger names.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    I have owned two, and still have one of them. I got rid of one due to it being railed and I had a hard time getting a holster for it that I liked. Both of them shot and functioned very well.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The Taurus PT1911 is a fine pistol. Nothing earth shattering about the fit and finish, or anything else about the pistol for that matter. Just a solid performer and a good value for the money.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    A 1911 is on my list of guns to buy, and its time. I really like the look of Taurus's 1911's, especially the ones with a factory rail up front. I have a Taurus PT111 and am satisfied with it even though it is terribly inaccurate. I want to know if anyone has any experience with them. Thanks, Nick

How is it possible to be satisfied with a gun that is terribly inaccurate. Thats a pretty big deal when looking at a gun lol.

But back on topic, I want a PT1911 too. Nice gun, held one at Gander. Nice that it comes with some features most in that price dont.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    I have the Taurus PT1911 AR and I LOVE it !! It is remarkebly accurate and feels great in hand. Fit and finish are everything you could want in a 1911 without spending tons of cash for a "name". The only problem I encountered with mine was finding a holster. With the rail up front - it is slightly bigger than standard 1911's with rails. There are a few manufacturers out there that make a special holster for it but you have to look. Crossbreed is one of them. I ordered a IWB from them but haven't received it yet. Recomendations to come after I receive.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I had one and had to let it go in a trade to get what I wanted. I plan on getting another soon. The one I had shot and functioned every bit as good as my Kimber, just not as pretty. The finish on the blue on I had as somewhat thin, but who cares.
    Dave

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

I've never had a TAURUS 1911, but if I get a good deal on one, I'll buy it:yesway:

wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I got a stainless PT1911 a month or so ago and have made three trips to the range with it so far. No malfunctions of any kind, shoots well, lots of features and looks nice in stainless.

farmer2001

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    North Liberty
    I like what im hearing! I have the itch even worse! In my opinion the value and quality that I see seals the deal for me. I'll be sure to post pictures when I get one!
    Thanks guys for the input!!!:D

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    I used to have one. Sold it, but for no real reason. Just wanted something different. There is nothing wrong with a Taurus 1911-
    Mine was flawless! Shot anything you fed it and never had a single issue with it.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Ive had one for 5 yrs now. Great gun. mine is a PT1911 homeland defender model. Its accurate and Ive thrown a lot of rounds through it with no jams or misfires. I like that it comes with 8 rd mags but I really like that I can use GI issue 7rd mags with no issues. My dad has a Colt Match 1911, ill take my pt1911 over it any day. Best bang for the buck in my opinion. Im glad i got mine early cause I only paid 450 bucks new for it. Now they are approaching 600 plus.

anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    My only regret of selling a gun, was selling my PT1911 over a year ago... needless to say, I traded for another one last week. Its a very good buy.

Top Bottom