• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    Chevron Techron in the fuel tank along with it full. It's a highly recommended fuel additive / cleaner on the Z06 forums. The C5 has a problem with a build up on the fuel level sensor over time anspd this is a well know fix. I have an 2003 not quite stored yet as changing out the valve springs and other maintenance projects on it, but the Techron already in it an tires pumped up to reduce flat spotting.

Yes Techron helped me out for sure. My fuel gauge was taking a while to go back to full after fill ups. That fixed it. I did my valve springs this summer. Mine had the old yellow springs in it that were supposedly prone to breaking and dropping valves into cylinders. I replaced the springs, seals, valve cover gaskets, plugs and wires. I used the GM revised blue LS2 springs. That was a fun project
    . IMG_0917.jpg

WanderingSol07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2017
    North Central
    My 2013 Volt uses premium and will allow the gas to stay in the tank up to a year before running the engine to burn the 'old' gas. So I top off my 2007 Solstice GXP tank with premium (required) before storing.

I use a battery tender to keep the battery charged.

I don't use floor stands, but I'm on a polypropylene floor anyway. Several people, including long time mechanics have told me unloading the suspension for a long time is not good. I have not seen or heard any definitive data on this though. I will say my summer only tires will not be round for the first drive next spring! My first drive will be around the subdivision at < 30 mph for about 10-20 minutes before the tires will get round again. My tires wear out at 25,000 miles and I replace them when worn or more than 5 years old.

Oil get changed after I am done driving for the season. I cover it with a sheet in the garage to keep the dust off.

My garage is not heated, but does have insulated attic and doors, so even 20 below outside will let me have 20 above in the garage. Extremely rare to drop below freezing, I store water in the garage all year long and it has never frozen.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My 2013 Volt uses premium and will allow the gas to stay in the tank up to a year before running the engine to burn the 'old' gas. So I top off my 2007 Solstice GXP tank with premium (required) before storing.

I use a battery tender to keep the battery charged.

I don't use floor stands, but I'm on a polypropylene floor anyway. Several people, including long time mechanics have told me unloading the suspension for a long time is not good. I have not seen or heard any definitive data on this though. I will say my summer only tires will not be round for the first drive next spring! My first drive will be around the subdivision at < 30 mph for about 10-20 minutes before the tires will get round again. My tires wear out at 25,000 miles and I replace them when worn or more than 5 years old.

Oil get changed after I am done driving for the season. I cover it with a sheet in the garage to keep the dust off.

My garage is not heated, but does have insulated attic and doors, so even 20 below outside will let me have 20 above in the garage. Extremely rare to drop below freezing, I store water in the garage all year long and it has never frozen.

I am not sure about un-loading the suspension but is you are raising the vehicle off the tire's put your stands under the suspension so it supports the vehicle.
    I stored a 1970 Olds Cutlass W-30 for several years this way.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    For my 02 Firebird I usually top off the tank, stabil, & increase the tire pressure. However this year I've only drive then car less than 100 miles since last winter and I didn't add any new fuel or stabil yet, got busy and winter snuck up on me. If they salt the roads this weekend I guess it's going to sit this way until spring. I have aftermarket wheels so I used to put the factory ones back on for the winter but the last couple of years I've been lazy. Did notice when I drove it this year the ride never did smooth out completely so I'm afraid that I permanently flat spotted the tires. Probably not a huge deal as the rear tires are 10 years old and the fronts are 7 years wouldn't hurt to start looking at replacements even though it will cost a small fortune.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Old stabil itself will oxidize and so isn't as good once it gets a couple of years old. I have seen it crystalize as well, but that was in an old, nearly empty bottle in a frozen garage.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Yes Techron helped me out for sure. My fuel gauge was taking a while to go back to full after fill ups. That fixed it. I did my valve springs this summer. Mine had the old yellow springs in it that were supposedly prone to breaking and dropping valves into cylinders. I replaced the springs, seals, valve cover gaskets, plugs and wires. I used the GM revised blue LS2 springs. That was a fun project
    . View attachment 61544

Mine is a later 2003 (April) but cheap insurance to replace them. Did the plugs, wires gaskets and seals also. I went aftermarket as this is an auto cross / track car. It was a total that I bought on a deal but no sense keeping stock as the resale value won't ever be as high as a non wrecked one. Koni FSD later this year, upgraded pads and sticker tires early next year. It mY be in storage, but it is being started and moved several times this winter. Still using the Techron.

Top Bottom